Does Mr. Clean Auto Dry work?

ACRBruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried out the Auto Dry last week and didn't dry off the car after washing it but found many water spots left on the paint after the water is dried. It was only the second time I used the filter cartridge so either I was doing something wrong or the product didn't work as advertised. I'd like to know if any of you have any experience, good or bad, with the Mr. Clean Auto Dry system. Thanks.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was so un-impressed with mine, it is in a land fill somewhere

ViperDreams

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I used it last year on my black car and it worked pretty well. Not 100% but better then I had expected. You have to make sure you get a lot of the filtered water onto the car.
All I use now is my leaf blower. Works like a charm.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Leaf blower - I like that idea, but I've only got a **** wacker.

I use mine everytime. As posted above you do need to use a lot of the filtered spray to get the unfilter water off the car. The spots are from unfiltered or soapy water.

Wind and spray from the washing the sides make it difficult to finish spot free.

You can use a towel and wipe the waterspots off the car.

Ted

chimazo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've found it to not be 100% with regards to leaving NO spots without drying, but it is a definite improvement over using just tap water. I use it just to final rinse on my "regular" cars if I don't feel like drying them. To lather up the cars, I've found this item to be useful. Makes a ton of soapy foam to spray the car with and I don't need a bucket.
You must be registered for see images

I've only washed my Viper once when I first bought it, and since then have only used a detailing spray to wipe it down!

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Use it all the time to just rinse the car with as the filters have a drying agent in them. Then I park it in the hot sun to dry while I use a chamois to finish up the job.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use it all the time. My experience is as follows......

I don't put soap in the unit. I use my own soap on a microfiber towel first. I found their soap leaves a nasty residue on my towels .
I rinse all the soap off, then use the filter mode from the top in a horizontal stroke (like your spraying a car). The idea is to force the hard water down.

I never use it in the sun as it will water spot! All the door jams, hood and tailgate are finished off with a towel. The water is so hard in my area that when I used to dry the car in the past it would leave nasty deposit marks. It's not a true 100% auto dry, but 100% better than the tap water!

Best $20 I ever spent on any car!