Stamped Fin Number location?

Niko7

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Guys it´s Niko again from good old stupid germany :D

To get my car street legal i need to find the stamped VIN / Frame / Chassis Number for my Chassis.

I checked all google links, found threads that said on the upper front rail right near Engine Cover Mount. But nothing there. Also not on the right rear upper end frame. We checked with 5 guys the whole car.

The Guy from the Tüv-Organisazion said to me from the VIN he can see that the car is a small Number special Series Dodge Viper GTS GTC. Never heard of GTC Vipers. Where to freakin find the bloody stamped Number or Chassis Number?

Thanks

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe it is on the top of the upper passenger frame rail. Behind the headlight pod, ahead of the shock tower and near the hood hinge inboard mount. You are correct, there is no GTC from Chrysler.

Goggles Pizano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was a thread on here lately exactly about this. Can't remember what european country it was but he had the same question.
Search this forum. I will try later if I ask time.

OP
OP
N

Niko7

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe it is on the top of the upper passenger frame rail. Behind the headlight pod, ahead of the shock tower and near the hood hinge inboard mount. You are correct, there is no GTC from Chrysler.
It´s a Daimlerchrysler :D . You might google "Dodge Viper Silverstone GTC". I was also surprised...
The Guy from Tüv organization said its homologation car for British GTC series. Chassis Number 4 of x.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/155511079448

Could not find any Number, nowhere on the frame. Can someone provide a picture? It´s 1999 car

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you talking about a GTS-R tube-frame racecar builit by ORECA? Or, do you have a road legal replica? Below is the very first GTS-R racing chassis built. After GTSR, they all will have sequential C**. This VIN/Homologation plate is on the toe box below the windshield and above the driver door hinge.

Attachments

• 20210827_112937.jpg
    20210827_112937.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 20210827_112912.jpg
    20210827_112912.jpg
    118.5 KB · Views: 6

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was a thread on here lately exactly about this. Can't remember what european country it was but he had the same question.
Search this forum. I will try later if I ask time.

OP
OP
N

Niko7

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you talking about a GTS-R tube-frame racecar builit by ORECA? Or, do you have a road legal replica? Below is the very first GTS-R racing chassis built. After GTSR, they all will have sequential C**. This VIN/Homologation plate is on the toe box below the windshield and above the driver door hinge.
Yeah no, it´s definitely not a GTS-R tube frame. More a street legal Version. There were some smaller series cars like "Powerparts Viper" "GTS-R Heritage" which for example did not had the tube frame and i heared time ago that those cars did not had any printed VIN on the frame also. Maybe they had the chassis number stamped or something like this?

OP
OP
N

Niko7

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I found the Thread. It told the FIN can be found MAYBE under the Shifter Dash on the interieur frame side.

But that doesnt help me out as mine does not have it there either.

TEALLIFE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Guys it´s Niko again from good old stupid germany :D

To get my car street legal i need to find the stamped VIN / Frame / Chassis Number for my Chassis.

I checked all google links, found threads that said on the upper front rail right near Engine Cover Mount. But nothing there. Also not on the right rear upper end frame. We checked with 5 guys the whole car.

The Guy from the Tüv-Organisazion said to me from the VIN he can see that the car is a small Number special Series Dodge Viper GTS GTC. Never heard of GTC Vipers. Where to freakin find the bloody stamped Number or Chassis Number?

Thanks
I remember your original thread

It's a normal viper that's been modified, not a special series. The vins should be in the normal typical places unless someone has removed them.

OP
OP
N

Niko7

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Problem: where is VIN stamped?
Solution: anywhere you want it to be.
Thats what the Tüv-Guy also said. Car is registrated in germany since ever. Maybe we will find the VIN with a mirror ;)

OP
OP
N

Niko7

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember your original thread

It's a normal viper that's been modified, not a special series. The vins should be in the normal typical places unless someone has removed them.
Yeah the Tüv organization has some details about the Car. It´s kind of a homolagtion for british GTC Series. It´s small Number series with only 5 Cars.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is where to look on the passenger frame rail. It is very hard to see, so use a small paint brush to clean the area under the headlight bucket next to the radiator support. The dark photo is on my 96, the second is from my 98 parts car. Only the last 2 letters and final 6 numeric digits are stamped.

Attachments

• F-R VIN 96.jpg
    F-R VIN 96.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 8
  • F-R VIN 98.jpg
    F-R VIN 98.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 8

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member