Email SCT tuner?

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The E-mail tunes are ok but not optimal, I had a can tune from one of the vendors listed and the tune was very safe. I had my car dyno tuned and I gained 24hp over the E-mail tune.

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got the one size fits all tune from one of the vendors listed...

i hit 457 rwhp with intake/roller rockers.....then i sold the kn intake and went to a stock air intake set up with just kn filters (dont ask why long story) And added a lightweight findanza fly wheel and light weight crank pulley/titanium exhaust and no cats and the basic sct tune...dynoed 476 rwhp....

so im thinking even the basic canned tunes are worth 8 to 12 rwhp....but the car will also drive smoother with a better engine note and the skip shift eliminated....well woth the money....

dyno tuned on the dyno with the sct....easy 20 plus rwhp...maybe close to 30

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What makes one better than the other? Is there any evidence to support your ranking?

id trsut DC to tune my car over the others. DC has a lot of experience with the SCT.
Dan at viper speciatly does a lot of tuning with the SCT. seems to be the one doing the most email tunes and seems to be wiling to support it pretty good.
Roe does work with the SCT and has been emailing tunes since the interent was started.

as stated above, using a dyno once or twice is the best way to get the most out of an SCT. without it, the tuner is poking and hoping sorta.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Step1 Find your nearest dyno and run a couple baselines WITH a wideband A/F sensor.
Step2 Get the actual dyno files from the dynoshop and email to your tuner of choice so they can evaluate and write a custom tune for your motor.
Step3 Load the tunes on your SCT and go back to the dyno to verify that the target A/F ratio has been achieved and make certain to listen for pinging(bad-due to to much timing, not enough octane, or to lean)
Step4 Email the results back to your tuner for him to review and see if there is any further fine tuning that can be done.

Step5 Enjoy your tuned viper and be happy knowing that it is running more optimal, tailored to compensate for your modifications.:2tu: