Friend or foe?

mach4444

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last Sunday I was stung by a catfish. On my way home in the viper, I ran into a corvette club out on a cruise and I was taunted and generally harassed.

I could hardly drive because my knee was so swollen, so I ignored them and concentrated on the pain in my knee cap instead.

Today I was out for a ride and almost every vette that went by either waved at me or threw me a peace sign. I ran into some guy with a new z06 at the gas station and he talked to me like we were best friends.

I'm driving a 2000 rt/10 so I doubt they're confusing me with one of their own.

Now as far as I am concerned I will be nice to anyone until they give me a reason to dislike them, so I wave back but what gives? was it the gang mentality?

I have 2 friends with brand new 07 vettes. nice cars, just not right for me. not raw and brutal enough, but I give them the respect they deserve because sports car people need to stick together (like motorcycle riders) or the non believers in the world will try to make us all drive yugos.

just curious, I know some people on this site own vettes also, so what do your peers think about vipers and viper people.

On another note, a girl I have been dating for a month or so now found out last night that I own a viper when I went to take her out.
I purposely never brought it up during conversation, for obvious reasons.

She flipped out ! she loved the car and everywhere we went people were stopping us and talking to us. I'm used to it but next time she says she needs to dress more "like a rockstar".

Oh yea, hot car and gorgeous woman = great parking spot at busy restaurant. I was asked to park in the no parking zone next to the front door by the manager(he loves black vipers) he said it's good for business.

Man, I love this car!

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
vette guys wave a lot around here, i dont usually wave back because im too late from being shocked why they would do that.

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was stung by a catfish a couple of years ago. Since then I have made a fortune in the stock market, found the love of my life and now have Corvette owners doing volunteer work to maintain my landscaping. Just yesterday I found $1.82 in change in the cushions of my couch. Coincidence, I think not................

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not easy being a second class citizen in the American muscle car scene since '92.
There you are cruising along in your Vette, thinking your all bad and along comes Grandpa driving the same car as you. He waves. You cringe. Oh the pain.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pictures! Please. And, no we do not want to see the car...she does not have to dress like a rockstar. A bikini is just fine!

>>>She flipped out ! she loved the car and everywhere we went people were stopping us and talking to us. I'm used to it but next time she says she needs to dress more "like a rockstar".<<<

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have been a vette guy for years and have always loved Vipers also. I have also always waved to Vipers if and when I passed one (very rare sighting around here). I also have a LOT of Vette friends that I have met at shows or on the Corvette Forum and most of them respect and love the Viper too. I will say that occasionally I will meet a Vette owner that has a smart ass comment about it but there are a$$holes in all groups and they are usually far and few apart. I say please don't judge Corvette people as a group just because there are a few bad apples. When you sell 35,000 cars a year you are bound to sell one or two of them to a *****. :dunno: For the most part vette people are GREAT CAR GUYS and would go out of their way to do anything for you. :2tu:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Despite what some may think here Vette owners are people too. :D No bad experiences here with Vette owners...most ignore me in the Viper others simply wave. Those that have reached out seemed to be like us in that they are sports car owners who enjoy their Vettes as much as we enjoy our Vipers. I have no burning desire to go out and hug the nearest Vette owner but they're OK in my book. :2tu:

Last edited:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well--thank you all...we have a Vette AND a Viper...and get waves from everyone...we wave back...simple. We've always had Vette friends....and Viper friends....as stated eloquently by ViperTony, we ALL are enjoying our cars...no matter WHAT the car is. WAVE--be friendly, what can it hurt? If someone's a ****, then no response is necessary, they'll never see you again...what's the big deal? CARS are CARS...especially SPORTS cars....we all like what we like...we can like ALL of them. Peace out bros......juli

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I get waves from Corvettes while in the Viper. I always wave back. I rarely see any Vipers on the road, so I'm not sure if they wave or not.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As most Viper guys, I get VERY few waves from Vette people. And as most Viper guys, seeing another Viper is extremely rare, but for the couple times its happened, ofcourse the other Viper guy waved :)

Here's my question-when you're in the Viper and see a car that is a "higher class" (Ferrari, Lamborghini) car, do you wave? I always wave and they always wave back (the 2-3x a year I see a Ferrari or Lambo). It really seems the Vette guys are the only ones who dont wave. Then again, if I had heads-up display I may be too busy looking at it to wave at someone who could kick my asp as well :D

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chad: We've gotten the wave from a Ford GT...and had a blast with him on the highway!
AND that was in my Vette~~not the Viper...with the Viper, we've seen a Lambo who totally ignored us, tho we were right beside him. We're always willing to give a wave.
~juli

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I usually wave to the Z06s. They are nice cars! I do not care if it is a Corvette, does not bother me but a lot of guys on here hate them for no reason because they think the Viper is better. Just two different cars in my opinion.

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
she loved the car and everywhere we went people were stopping us and talking to us. I'm used to it but next time she says she needs to dress more "like a rockstar".
/B]

Hmmn?.......she might be a little jealous of the cars attention.;)

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was stung by a catfish a couple of years ago. Since then I have made a fortune in the stock market, found the love of my life and now have Corvette owners doing volunteer work to maintain my landscaping. Just yesterday I found $1.82 in change in the cushions of my couch. Coincidence, I think not................

Nice. If I get stung by one I'll probably have a huge allergic reaction like I usually do with that kind of stuff (mostly artificial taste or color adders and the like).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Copperhd