Going insane or really losing interest?

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's been going on...

I don't know what it is but I just don't seem to have that same spark of interest in the Viper as I used to. It could be because of a number of things. One being all these rumors and speculations going around that the car is to be killed off and like some owners have said, a 600 HP V10 is going to be the Viper's last hurrah! I'm not happy with the way Cerberus is treating the company really. The killed the Magnum, god only knows why. There have been some really stupid moves and we've all seen them. (Sure you can sell every Caliber you want but your point of interest age group is so misguided. I have yet to see someone my age tooling around in one. That Dodge Brick SRT4 isn't fooling anyone, you should have kept the Neon and why on earth build the Nitro if they knew the Scion campaign was going to be a hit?)

If it's not that, then it could just be the fact that it's winter and I don't see to many exotics up here in the Northeast. Even last year I saw only 4 Vipers at Englishtown. (Consider that a record being there's no more zone rendezvous across the nation). Last but not least, I can't afford one. At least not yet.

I've been doing alot since I've last had a post like this. College, racing, photography, etc... As of late I found a place where I could really get my photography career going. LXforums. So far it's been awesome. I've driven 3 SRT8's, a R/T and a SXT Charger, Drove a Magnum SRT8, got a sick ride in a 300C SRT8, went to some awesome events and meet with alot of great people all along the Northeast. I've gotten really interested in getting a Charger.

Like I've said before I drove the SRT8. Recently one with SLP exhaust and I haven't had that little kid smile for a while, but again can't afford one. It's gonna be a V6 SXT just to get started with and there not to bad. 15's in the 1/4 and the LX guys do bracket and heads up racing. Alot better than those test and tune 18.5's I do in my little tan ****.

Anyway back to the Viper. I look at one and think to myself I've been around the whole thing for about 13 years. Getting rides, taking pictures, videos. I've never liked Corvette's, I'm not looking to spark a war, I'm just saying the Viper was the first car to get me. It's never lost that mean, get out of my way appearance that most, if not all Dodge's still seem to carry.

If I see the car on the street I'm going to go nuts. If I see the car on TV I'm going to go nuts. I don't hate the car, I love it. I just miss seeing it as often as a I used to. The dealers are disappearing and I don't like it one bit. If you were to look down Route 1 you'll see every dealer you would expect to see. Ford, Chevy, Toyota, SAAB, Mercedes, Chrysler, Jeep, Honda, etc.. Then a few you wouldn't normally see. Ferrari, Maserati, Aston Martin, Porsche, Audi, and Lexus.

It really gets me kinda bummed to think that the company is being driven into the center of the earth, never to be seen again.:( I guess I'm just disappointed..

--RS

tbsviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree the rumor mongering is having a negative effect and, frankly, the sooner there is clarity to what is happening the better for everyone, employees, current owners, future owners, etc. Must remember this is an uncertain economy and business environment right now. Second, likely a case of the winter blues. Keep the faith as spring is around the corner!

PS78

Enthusiast
Reaction score
....If it's not that, then it could just be the fact that it's winter and I don't see to many exotics up here in the Northeast. Even last year I saw only 4 Vipers at Englishtown. (Consider that a record being there's no more zone rendezvous across the nation). Last but not least, I can't afford one. At least not yet.....
--RS

you'd be very lucky if you ever see a viper out on the road (i.e. outside a racetrack) in UK.... but that's one very special thing about it. you've got the rare amazing, unique sports car that alot of others would be chuffed to have even caught a glimpse of (i was when i only saw one in 20 days in USA 18mths ago....saw plenty of vettes!). if there were tons more vipers on the roads, the car just might not be so special

2snakes4us

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm glad Vipers are scarce, even tho i have 2 I get giddy when i see one out on the road. My Friend called me yesterday and ask why i was on the other side of town with my GTS..i asked What?
then he said..that had to of been you...your the only RED GTS with white stripes around here. then i get excited thinking ..Is there another one around here? or was it someone just passing threw getting gas. I don't want the Viper to become "just another vette"
if they stop making the viper...Fine...i have what i want. if they continue making them..thats fine too. as far as I'm concerned(this will piss some off). that just my opinion. I have had lookers state "you have the better Viper" take that any way you wish. I have often wondered why they dont drop the new 600 hp engine in the Gen 2 body style. The viper will always live in my heart and I do not think any car will ever takes its place regardless of HP numbers. Long live the GEN 1&2.

Last edited:

BigBadViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would think that if they killed the Viper it would be good for resell values of our cars. Every time you see on wrecked one of ours would just bump up a little more.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Maybe its the winter hibernation for you all back east and in the cold climates. Im just as excited as the day I bought it. Probably more so, since Ive moded it and made my Viper my own. I never get tired of looking at pics of it on my computer. When Im bored I'll search the word Viper on Youtube and watch videos. I love the fact that its scarce. I like being one of the few in town with one and when I roll into a local meet spot, everyone stops and stares. The Viper is a amazing car.To each his own, but I dont know how one could lose interest in a car like this.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's the whole idea with the Viper...there ARE so few of them out there...makes it a VERY VERY special car. I can't say I'd EVER lose the spark from seeing our very own Viper, a dream that we've worked forever to obtain. If they discontinue Vipers, as someone else said here, fine, we have our dream car. It's NICE to drive it out there (when we can, yes, we're in winter hibernation as well) and we get ANTSY TO get it out there and about...the reactions are priceless!!! Once you're able to drive yours again as often as you want to, I'm sure that 'spark' will come back after your first *whiplash* look from somebody, or a thumbs-up from someone!!! NOTHING compares to a Viper...nothing. ~juli

Viper4Christ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats because Cerberus is in it for themselves only looking to make a buck or sell in off for profit. I really dislike empty headed investment groups, they'll hype a sewer system if it will somehow make them money.
I wonder how much they would sells their souls for... oh wait. :D

Anyways its good the Viper is rare, it will be worth much more later on and a treat to see.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
I think it's just the winter blahs. Not a lot of new posts or good pictures as many Vipers are in hibernation. I personally am going crazy waiting for my SRT to get done and for that first drive in the spring. There is ABOLUTELY NOTHING that compares to the Viper smile you get after a quick drive!

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Luckily I could read what you wrote in the response that I automatically receive...and LOL!
yes, LOL, LOL, LOL...he found out pretty quick, I'm sure!~~;) ~juli
Yeah haha that was pretty funny what you did, and of course I didnt click the link ;)

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heyyyyyyy....you CAN click the link!!!! Other fellas are playing along with it!!! And, we're ever so grateful~~~;) (teeheeeeeeee)....juli
Yeah sure nice try there LOL;) I know what your up to, your trying to get the count to be higher than the "Vipers with Chicks" I am not falling for it:nono: :rolaugh::D LONG LIVE VIPERS WITH CHICKS :2tu:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah sure nice try there LOL;) I know what your up to, your trying to get the count to be higher than the "Vipers with Chicks" I am not falling for it:nono: :rolaugh::D LONG LIVE VIPERS WITH CHICKS :2tu:

Awwwwww, shucks!!! :( I don't think we'll EVER get THAT high on posts!!! LONG LIVE VIPERS WITH BEEFCAKE~~~FROM A VIPER CHICK~~! :2tu: ~juli

cabinetman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm not sure what happened either, I'm just as stoked today as I was four years ago when I finally drove my 97 GTS home for the first time........I guess for me it will never fade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceno