Grundy Insurance?

HowardBJr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I ran over a water main cover that was lying in the middle of the road in my 39 Chevy which is insured by Grundy. The water main cover created an immediate quick drain in the bottom of the oil pan. I lost 5 quarts of oil within seconds. Luckily I killed the ignition and coasted to a stop before I spun a bearing. I called the city attorneys office and it sounded like they would pay so I called Grundy just to let them know what happened. To my surprise they said they would cover my loss including the towing cost (about $700 in total cost).

I hit the water main cover at noon on Monday. My car was fixed and a check was in my hand from Grundy in that Thursday’s mail!

I had a claim with USAA this year that took me four months to get them to cover and then only after going up four levels of management.

jtupper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is the deductible for your $774 premium?

Most of the insurance companies that throw out high $$$ premiums do not want to take on high dollar sports cars as they are trying to manage their risk. Several simply will not insure anything over a certain dollar amount. They choose to focus their business on your run-of-the-mill cars.

Jeremy
UW-Madison
Biochemistry

Affatica

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I talked to the representative, she said 0 deductible on the quote she gave me which really surprised me. I didn't even ask if they have other plans that include deductibles.

jtupper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, that's pretty good!. You should see if you can get a quote with a deductible. Maybe it will be even less than your first quote.

Jeremy
UW-Madison
Biochemistry

Burntrubber

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just set-up my Gurndy policy.:2tu:
96 B&W GTS 46k miles, agreed value is $45K.
Annual premium is $666, I have highest liability possible.
There are limitations, as discussed in this thread.
If anyone wants a quote just shoot me a PM.

Burntrubber

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just set-up my Gurndy policy.:2tu:
96 B&W GTS 46k miles, agreed value is $45K.
Annual premium is $666, I have highest liability possible.
There are limitations, as discussed in this thread.
If anyone wants a quote just shoot me a PM.

A few guys have Pm'd me with questions...

The car will be on its own policy seperate from your DD. The mileage is unlimited, They are similar to Hagerty in the type of car they are looking for but they realize people want to drive them not just use them for shows! If you have done any mods, tell them what they are and they will be in the agreed value!

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few guys have Pm'd me with questions...

The car will be on its own policy seperate from your DD. The mileage is unlimited, They are similar to Hagerty in the type of car they are looking for but they realize people want to drive them not just use them for shows! If you have done any mods, tell them what they are and they will be in the agreed value!

Add on: They actually ask for the mods done to the car be (if any) it horsepower or for looks. I threw in the costs of my headers, exhaust, cat, vec upgrades. I thought this was superb. I'm quite impressed with them. I sent them a check and paperwork today.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceno