Guess what happens when 3 Vipers....

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get together on the highway...my wife took this photo from the passenger seat of my Viper, it is of the State Trooper showing us his radar gun...which displayed...uh...well...lets just say we were in triple digits! He threw all of us in jail, stripped us down to orange jump suits, and then we had to pick corn all day to get out....

Just kidding! We were ticketed and let go. I am the fat black guy in the middle. Viper Tony is the bald headed guy to my right, and slim Jim is the one on my left.

V

Venomiss

In other words....Moe, Larry, and Curly.:D
You guys are so very lucky.

OP
OP
black mamba1

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
3 Vipers stopped by a Tahoe? That HAD to be tempting to just mash the gas and hope to hit some backroads before he could get on his walkie-talkie :D
Yeah, this guy was good...he sped past us and stopped in the middle of the highway, then backed up and an angle and blocked all highway traffic...got out, then walked down thru traffic and pointed to all of us to pull over. I was NOT going to try this guy!!:nono::D

V

Venomiss

Get together on the highway...my wife took this photo from the passenger seat of my Viper, it is of the State Trooper showing us his radar gun...which displayed...uh...well...lets just say we were in triple digits! He threw all of us in jail, stripped us down to orange jump suits, and then we had to pick corn all day to get out....

Just kidding! We were ticketed and let go. I am the fat black guy in the middle. Viper Tony is the bald headed guy to my right, and slim Jim is the one on my left.

Someone needs to photoshop what they are saying to the trooper....

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, this guy was good...he sped past us and stopped in the middle of the highway, then backed up and an angle and blocked all highway traffic...got out, then walked down thru traffic and pointed to all of us to pull over. I was NOT going to try this guy!!:nono::D

Does that sound dangerous to anyone else? I'm sure the $$ they'll get off the tickets will be a nice chunk of change, but stopping in the middle of a hwy, then backing up at an angle and blocking all traffic? I don't know how crowded the hwy was, but thank God everyone else saw him before someone plowed into his Tahoe and killed theirselves, their passengers and/or the cop. Some cops need to think out their actions before doing what their adrenaline tells them too. Lets risk the lives of everyone else on the highway to give 3 Viper guys a speeding ticket :rolleyes: Anyway, nice of him to "only" give you a ticket. 100mph+ usually turns out to be an ugly situation

OP
OP
black mamba1

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Trooper actually did a pretty good job of getting traffic stopped. Once he got in front of us and behind Viper Tony, he moved to the middle of the highway with his lights flashing so no one could pass, then came to a gradual stop. There was really no danger in how he affected the stop.

And trust me, I was very happy to ONLY get that ticket! I was about to give my wife the keys and my credit card...for...well...you know!:D

OP
OP
black mamba1

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That picture looks like you guys were all peeing on his rear tire. ;>)
OMG! It really does look like that! While I were not doing that, one of us was deff about to *** on himself (that will remain Top Secret!).

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WE all knew about them BEFORE they got to TatorToga...a very ''''''nice''''' (?) trooper let us know we were illegally parked in that TRUCK STOP everyone was supposed to meet at....so it was FUNNY that we KNEW already what had happened before these three rebels got there!!! LOL~~~juli
**Yes, I agree with Chad, that WAS a dangerous move on the trooper's part in the middle of thruway**

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The trooper had us in stitches as he was handing back our paperwork to us. It went something like this:

Tony/Jimmy: We get back our license and registration.

Mamba: License, Registration, Credit Card, Expired college ID, Stop & Shop Customer Card, CVS Card, birth certificate, Obama Supporter Card, Grocery List, etc. pretty much everything but the kitchen sink and the citation. Trooper says he got everything but Mamba's library card. :D

OP
OP
black mamba1

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The trooper had us in stitches as he was handing back our paperwork to us. It went something like this:

Tony/Jimmy: We get back our license and registration.

Mamba: License, Registration, Credit Card, Expired college ID, Stop & Shop Customer Card, CVS Card, birth certificate, Obama Supporter Card, Grocery List, etc. pretty much everything but the kitchen sink and the citation. Trooper says he got everything but Mamba's library card. :D
Very true! I got pulled over in Hamden about 3 weeks ago (cop let me go w/ no ticket) at about 1 am. I couldnt find my insurance card so I was digging up everything out of my glove compartment. I finally found my insurance card, but since I was taking so long to find, it, the cop said, "Dont worry about it, just go ahead." So when I grabbed my stuff for this stop...all my paperwork was out of order and had everything in there except my NRA membership card! I just handed the Officer a pile of stuff thinking it was just my registration and license..but it was almost my entire contents of my glove compartment!:rolaugh:

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can imagine the conversation around that radar dector. "Who's speed is that?", "That's not mine, I'm sure I was going 20mphs faster than that.""Let me see the gun." "Hey, let's try it again, I think I can better that."

OP
OP
black mamba1

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, if he had of clocked us about an hour earlier when Tony and I were going at it....lets just say Tony and I might still be picking corn in orange jump suits for the New York Dept. of Corrections!:omg:

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Again why all stop. Yeah he had one car and was slowing. I would have went around him on one side or the other with my blinker on. Have done it before and so far have been lucky. Does he keep the one he has and pull over to a dead stop to chase down the others. Nope not usualy and if he does not complete stop the first car then it takes off. He gets to pick one and one only while the others make for the nearest exit ramps or turn arounds. GTS Bruce

ViperGal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Naughty naughty... go to a track
2. Next time lift the hood - surely that is why you stopped us officer - you wanted to see the engines right?
3. Lucky he didn't think you were 'street racing' in the wrong state or it wouldn't be pretty....

Limit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm also wondering what you got... Usually those speeds could be an automatic lose of licence/losing vehicle... Lucky.

Tusc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gotta take it to the backroads in this state. Unfortunate though the tickets were, I like that trooper's approach in shutting down the road and avoiding a chase scenario. Gotta respect that.

They just took in 43 Charger R/Ts and 4 SRT8s in CT and they are on the prowl, so train your eyes to the new headlights/tail lights combo.

Sorry I couldn't play, guys. The gf sequestered me away for the weekend to meet her family in Ashford. What can I say? She's a sweetheart kind of gal.

Are there any good shows this weekend? Anyone hitting Lime Rock?

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does that sound dangerous to anyone else? I'm sure the $$ they'll get off the tickets will be a nice chunk of change, but stopping in the middle of a hwy, then backing up at an angle and blocking all traffic? I don't know how crowded the hwy was, but thank God everyone else saw him before someone plowed into his Tahoe and killed theirselves, their passengers and/or the cop. Some cops need to think out their actions before doing what their adrenaline tells them too. Lets risk the lives of everyone else on the highway to give 3 Viper guys a speeding ticket :rolleyes: Anyway, nice of him to "only" give you a ticket. 100mph+ usually turns out to be an ugly situation

I would have rammed the patrol car on principal and then sued the state for his idiotic move and made millions. If this isn't a prime example of stupidity, I don't know what is........:mad::mad::mad:

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would have rammed the patrol car on principal and then sued the state for his idiotic move and made millions. If this isn't a prime example of stupidity, I don't know what is........:mad::mad::mad:

Remind me not to ride with you...again!

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We were donating to the donut fund. Ok, would you believe girl scout cookies? I'm pleading the 5th amendment. I think the picture was photoshoped to add me in there. lol I would like to add that the nice officer asks me if mine was a 1994 and stated he couldn't tell the difference between the cars, so I'm taking that as he liked mine best. :rolaugh:

DSCN0241.JPG

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceno