Has this happened to anyone else?

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife and I were coming home from dinner tonight and a police car pulled up beside us at a red light. When the light changed he fell in behind and soon had his lights on pulling me over.

When he came up to the window he asked me for my license, etc. After I gave him the documents he said everything looked in order and that he had pulled me over just to be sure the car wasn't stolen. Then we had a nice conversation about vipers. He obviously just wanted to check out the car. It was OK in this case because I was not in a hurry and I enjoyed talking about the car, but I hope this is not a common thing.

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That should not be a common thing. Lack of a moving violation to stop you, he is violating your civil rights and his policy. Lucky for him, your a nice guy and weren't in a hurry... Should have picked up the phone and talked to his supervisor. He can tell if the car is stolen by running the tag (Dumb Rookie):nono:

:usa:

Eldon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That should not be a common thing. Lack of a moving violation to stop you, he is violating your civil rights and his policy. Lucky for him, your a nice guy and weren't in a hurry... Should have picked up the phone and talked to his supervisor. He can tell if the car is stolen by running the tag (Dumb Rookie):nono:

Rob, I agree except that cops cannot always tell that a car is stolen by running the plate.
Sometimes a car is stolen and not yet reported because the owner is simply unaware.

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am aware of that due to fact that I am an officer. The officer still has to have a reason to pull over that vehicle, although I wouldn't complain either since he is checking on a Viper :2tu:.

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
yea that would kinda upset me. Thats a day ruining kinda thing to happen to you. Especially if you havnt done anything.

01 RT SNAKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imagine this scenario. Cop pulls you over for no reason, finds drugs, your ****** weapon and who knows what else. How likely is this going to hold up in court??? Answer? It won't. At the very least, the officer needs to have reasonable suspicion that you committed a violation.You just driving down the street minding your own business is not reasonable suspicion that you've committed a crime or a traffic offense. I'd be on the phone to his supervisor. We have to protect our rights as citizens or the government will decide what's right for us...

Mike

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A Viper, which is not a high theft car.
A guy driving a Viper with a woman passenger is not the typical car thief profile.

Sounds to me like a cop that ****** would have liked.

If a cop wants to talk cars he needs to do it in civis not in uniform. I'm not so sure I would have given him my license. And I've got the time to go to jail if he wants to take me.

pteam

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Imagine this scenario. Cop pulls you over for no reason, finds drugs, your ****** weapon and who knows what else. How likely is this going to hold up in court??? Answer? It won't. At the very least, the officer needs to have reasonable suspicion that you committed a violation.You just driving down the street minding your own business is not reasonable suspicion that you've committed a crime or a traffic offense. I'd be on the phone to his supervisor. We have to protect our rights as citizens or the government will decide what's right for us...

Mike

If that happened I'm positive the cop will make up a reason or 5.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it happened to me once. the officer told me straight up that he had never seen a viper before and asked if he could look. i just out for a cruise anyway and obliged. he was a car guy too and we talked for quite awhile. no biggie.

and someday, if he ever catches me speeding, hopefully he wont forget who i was. ;)

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I cannot tell a lie....I have been given many many many more breaks than stares and discos!

FATHERFORD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It used to happen to me all the time in my tubbed big block 87 F-150. It got annoying, specially If I was in a hurry. I got to know the officers well enough though. They left me alone on my little test road, as long as it was not in peak driving hours.

GRNBGON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a lot of Cop friends. The ones I know, 90% are normal people just like us. They are out there to protect us!!!!! If they want a distraction from their stressful job, have at it. They can stop me anytime, love to show off the car. This is the least I can do for these officers that put their life on the line everytime they put on a uniform. It is only criminals that are offended by the uniforms. Of course there are always the 10% that are a**holes just as 10% of our population are criminals.
Just my 2 cents.:usa:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceno