How do you shine your race deck floor ?

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have installed a race deck floor in my garage a year ago. It is wonderfull. It completely cut the humidity. It is also very "comfortable" to work under the car. I do a lot of very dirty work on my cars in the garage. I use regular soap or BBQ cleaner to remove the heavy oil and dirt. The BBQ cleaner makes miracles with the oil. It removes any type of oil stain without domaging the floor.

Until now I didn't find anything to bring back the initial shine to the floor.

Is there a vax like product available to shine the Race Deck floor ?

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just called them.

The stuff is a polypropylene copolymer, which is not a good receptor of wax. They said it would likely make the floor dirtier by waxing it, and they made no product recommendation.

The initial shine you had is just a film, that once gone, is gone. Unless you paid the dollar extra per square for the Tuff Shield.

OP
OP
S

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is good to know ... It seems that the Race Deck floor is made from a very tough plastic.
At least I managed to remove those oil spots from the Race Deck by using the BBQ cleaner.
It looks like new except that the initial shine is missing.

I am sure there is something that can help .... It is an industrial secret :)

thebigsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you tried a good old fashioned liquid floor wax?
They do the floors here at the college once in a while and the shine is amazing.

OP
OP
S

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Dave666 was refering to that wax when he was saying that it can be messy.

SNKBYT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Atfer I clean off the grease with a with degreaser like Simple green, I use a floor mop with a product like mop&go. Armorall like products make it very shiny but VERY SLIPPERY.:crazy2:

Chopper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have installed a race deck floor in my garage a year ago. It is wonderfull. It completely cut the humidity. It is also very "comfortable" to work under the car. I do a lot of very dirty work on my cars in the garage. I use regular soap or BBQ cleaner to remove the heavy oil and dirt. The BBQ cleaner makes miracles with the oil. It removes any type of oil stain without domaging the floor.

Until now I didn't find anything to bring back the initial shine to the floor.

Is there a vax like product available to shine the Race Deck floor ?
Being in the paint BIZ,(houses)I know a couple of things about sheens. Your BBQ cleaner may be performing magic on the grease, but may in fact be damaging the top sheen of the floor. Just a thought. TOM.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BBQ cleaner will take the gloss and shine off most about anything.

Maybe something more neutral like simple green would be a better choice for cleaning up the grease and grime.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceno