I need a complete rear diff - anyone know where to source one?

jeeplaw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blew my clutch last month, and in the process, shredded my gear teeth in the rear diff. Just had the clutch replaced but now would love a drop in replacement (3.07 or 3.55 gears) of a complete rear differential. May be far cheaper than having the shop do a rebuild. Any idea where I can find one WITH some form of warranty?

Steve M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Your best bets would be to call:

1. Unitrax - not quite the same as they used to be back in the Viper's golden days, but still worth calling
2. One of the high performance Viper shops (Nth Moto, Calvo) - I'm guessing they end up upgrading rear diffs for their high HP builds, so they may have OEM take-offs available
3. Viper-specific scrap yards (e.g., X2 builders) - maybe stay away from ones that have rear collision damage :)

I'm not sure how likely you are to find something reasonably priced and with a warranty, but I wish you luck.

BoremViper97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blew my clutch last month, and in the process, shredded my gear teeth in the rear diff. Just had the clutch replaced but now would love a drop in replacement (3.07 or 3.55 gears) of a complete rear differential. May be far cheaper than having the shop do a rebuild. Any idea where I can find one WITH some form of warranty?
I know a guy here in central florida that claims he has a dozen Viper differential assemblies. I'll PM you my phone number so you can text me and I'll get you his info.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlexP