Incident on Long Island Xpressway 10/21

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know this guy? Was he on the cruise yesterday out east?

From Newsday:

A 23-year-old Hauppauge man led Suffolk police on a high-speed pursuit on the Long Island Expressway yesterday, driving upwards of 130 to 150 mph, authorities said. Gavin Ress was westbound in a 2001 Dodge Viper when police said they caught him speeding around Exit 59 near Ronkonkoma. At Exit 57, Ress crashed on the North Service Road and struck some brush and a chain-link fence. Police said there was minor damage to his car and that he was not injured.

Ress was charged with unlawfully fleeing police and numerous traffic violations, including reckless driving, police said.

:omg:

Last edited by a moderator:

CAIN MKII

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This guy ***** a ton. How can he be such an idiot messing around in the most exquisite car! SUCKER.

VPRTKMIKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
don't know many details but he is a customer of mine. not a bad guy, just young and alot of car under him.probably using poor judgment running from the cops.....

Last edited:

CAIN MKII

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably? :omg:
Doesn't he watch 'Cops"? They never get away.

I always wonder why people would try something as stupid as running from the cops.:dunno:
Special US cops.
It's a dead end and serious troubles for a long time.
This kid might thought he was unbeatable behind Viper wheel.:nono:

OP
OP
P

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a shame really.
He totally screwed up his life for what? Why the heck try to run them?
Plus he could have killed someone. They are gonna hang him with a bunch of charges.
Hope he has a good lawyer and a rich dad.

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Probably? :omg:
Doesn't he watch 'Cops"? They never get away.

Why would "Cops" the show, ever show a situation where the bad guy gets away? That would just entice people to run from the cops more often. The fact is people get away from the cops all the time, just depends what part of the country your in.

I got away from the cops back home once, I was in a NA stealth, my speed 110 when I got clocked by a state trooper, he turned around and I gunned it. My speeds were between 130 and 140 and pulling away from him. When he couldn't see me anymore I slowed down and turned off a side road, I'll admit it was probably up there with 1 of the most scariest 7 minutes of my life, but hell, I wasn't going to lose my license if there was a chance not too.

Being older and with better judgement I drive much slower now, and would probably just pull over if a cop wanted me too..

CPPRHD265

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just going to have to side with the "poor judgement" group on this one... Besides, Vipers may be fast, but Motorolas are faster :p

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
like you guys NEVER outran a cop when you were younger....come'on...

heck i did it last year allegedly on rt 287 at a silly speed. he had no chance to catch me as he was sitting still and i wasnt...lol 2 turns later (2 miles down the road) and he was history. ALLEGEDLY

Sleekride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
like you guys NEVER outran a cop when you were younger....come'on...

heck i did it last year allegedly on rt 287 at a silly speed. he had no chance to catch me as he was sitting still and i wasnt...lol 2 turns later (2 miles down the road) and he was history. ALLEGEDLY

You see ladies and gentlemen, this is a well thought out commentary and/or story telling example. He even took the time to place all the proper safeguards which are highlighted, of course. Good job, Plum!:lmao:

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Allegedly, I pulled a Houdini 3 times and 2 of those were at 175mph. :crazy2: Scary ****. Older, BTDT and wiser now. I'm not sure who made these allegations. :dunno: :lmao:

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ALLEGEDLY, people who try to out run police have a momentary ****** neocortical inversion. LQ.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Copperhd