Incident on Long Island Xpressway 10/21

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think times have changed since I was a kid.
1) Streets way more crowded
2) other drivers way more distracted i.e. cell phones, ipods, gps etc.
3) much more serious consequences when you get caught or if you are in a wreck.

Consider the consequences - someone not paying attention pulls out in front of you or swerves answering their cell phone - forget the license suspension for speeding and consider the involuntary manslaughter charge you will be facing. Ask yourself if that 30 seconds of fun is worth spending 5 to 10 years in prison?:dunno:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i will NEVER say its the right thing to do but it does happen even to "adults". just dont get caught, it'll leave a mark on ya im sure...

and when possible travel with a cop in tow....:) (inside joke)

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i will NEVER say its the right thing to do but it does happen even to "adults". just dont get caught, it'll leave a mark on ya im sure...
and when possible travel with a cop in tow....:) (inside joke)

Yeah, well, YOU would be the lucky one to pull off the 'cop-in-tow'!! (Admittedly, we have done the same...both of us individually and together ;) ...we ARE rebels!) ~juli
(ALLEGEDLY!)

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
like you guys NEVER outran a cop when you were younger....come'on...

heck i did it last year allegedly on rt 287 at a silly speed. he had no chance to catch me as he was sitting still and i wasnt...lol 2 turns later (2 miles down the road) and he was history. ALLEGEDLY

I did when I was 17. Got caught and my father let me spend the night in jail, kicked my ass and I never did it again. Tempting with the Viper but I'm afraid my dad will still kick my ass today :D. In all seriousness, its just not worth it unless maybe I had a twin turbo or SC.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why would "Cops" the show, ever show a situation where the bad guy gets away? That would just entice people to run from the cops more often. The fact is people get away from the cops all the time, just depends what part of the country your in.

I got away from the cops back home once, I was in a NA stealth, my speed 110 when I got clocked by a state trooper, he turned around and I gunned it. My speeds were between 130 and 140 and pulling away from him. When he couldn't see me anymore I slowed down and turned off a side road, I'll admit it was probably up there with 1 of the most scariest 7 minutes of my life, but hell, I wasn't going to lose my license if there was a chance not too.
I shouldn't egg you on, but what you say is correct about people getting away all the time. The tv shows just don't show it.

DrDJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We get ripped off in VA. Going 20 mph over the limit will get you charged with reckless driving. Then you get hit with a $1000 ticket.

DrDJ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Copperhd