left lane hogs retreat for us?

gen2lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hi guys! I had to drive my car today because of an issue I had with it.Today was actually warm (50 degrees)...Tuesday actually.I maybe never realized before or maybe because it is Winter and I'm driving the beast but I REALLY noticed every car or truck immediately moving to the right lane WAY WAY before I was behind them.

I guess they saw me coming a mile away. I have only had my gen 2 since last May but I can't remember how quickly if at all left lane hogs move over for our vipers???

After I had put it away in the garage Tuesday night I had to go to work in my Honda and I am wondering why people will not move over right away for me? Then it dawns on me..I'm in my Honda!:omg::confused:

Is this common for everyone here?

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It happens more often than not. More importantly it is encouraging that people are generally learning.........

SLOWER TRAFFIC KEEP RIGHT

yogibayer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One of my favorite parts about the car. I get upset when people don't notice me right away, or worse notice me and don't get out of the way.

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My ACR is LOUD, if someone doesn't get out of my way, I hit the clutch and give it a quick rev to 4500rpm......they ALWAYS move out of my way quickly. :devgrin:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not here in CT...people block the left hand lane. As Dave said, nothing like passing them on the right especially with a loud exhaust. It scares the **** out of them, even better going WOT in a tunnel. :D

mach4444

Enthusiast
Reaction score
gotta agree with vipertony. here on the FL. west coast people almost always pull to the right, but when I was in CT. last spring I got caught on the Merritt parkway heading from Wallingford to Milford behind a whole line of left lane hogs, when I got to the tunnel finally had the chance to go around them in right lane. dropped a couple gears, let loose some noise, scared the crap out of most of them, sure was fun.

now if CT could just do some thing about that antiquated speed limit. takes the fun out of things. thank god for Florida's speed limits and miles of open roads in the center of the state.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
gotta agree with vipertony. here on the FL. west coast people almost always pull to the right, but when I was in CT. last spring I got caught on the Merritt parkway heading from Wallingford to Milford behind a whole line of left lane hogs, when I got to the tunnel finally had the chance to go around them in right lane. dropped a couple gears, let loose some noise, scared the crap out of most of them, sure was fun.

now if CT could just do some thing about that antiquated speed limit. takes the fun out of things. thank god for Florida's speed limits and miles of open roads in the center of the state.

Yep, that part of the Merritt people just don't care but I love that tunnel. :D

SSG CHIC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yep, that part of the Merritt people just don't care but I love that tunnel. :D

I just got my Viper yesterday. I immediately put the top down and hit the road. I never got it over 60. (I know, but I'm breaking it in. Plus I wanted to get used to the beast.) But I actually had people pulling to the right lane and slowing down! They had their cell phones out taking pictures, kids were pointing and waving, big kids, too. Of course, it could have been because it's BRIGHT GREEN!:D

jimmy6383

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I ran into my dad by pure coincidence on the highway, and he said seeing it in his rear view mirror scared the sh$% out of him... sure enough he did pull into the right lane until he realized it was me in which case he tried to race around me... that didn't happen.

Not only the right lane thing, but I also find people putting their blinkers on like a mile in advance and every car you can think of (even had an old crappy minivan) spinning out and revving their engines. Gotta LOVE IT:headbang:

jimmy6383

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seeing a viper in his rear view scared him?

he said it was the sound. I definitely hit the clutch and let it rev up... so in his defense the noise is what shook him up a little bit:headbang: he loved it when I blew by him... he said it sounded like an airplane was flying over head!:2tu:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceno