need a hardtop LATCH asembly thingie for my 2002 rt

gen2lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
front drivers side peice thats screwed to the hardtop (underside)- theres that latch that turns 90 degrees with the other part connected to it.Mine is broken.I lost the spring for it and theres way too much play in it AND it will not lock! So now I cannot even put my hard top on.:(

PLEASE HELP! NEED A PART # FOR THAT latch and unit,including the 2 screws that fasten it into the hardtop itself.

V

Venomiss

front drivers side peice thats screwed to the hardtop (underside)- theres that latch that turns 90 degrees with the other part connected to it.Mine is broken.I lost the spring for it and theres way too much play in it AND it will not lock! So now I cannot even put my hard top on.:(

PLEASE HELP! NEED A PART # FOR THAT latch and unit,including the 2 screws that fasten it into the hardtop itself.

Maybe try Tators? Don't know it's late and a Friday night.

Tator's Dodge 20 Spring Street South in South Salem, NY 10590
Phone 914-763-3136 Fax 914-763-9507 Email: [email protected]
You must be registered for see images

viperdude118

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I need both front latches for my 96' RT. I lost both springs and ballbearings and having the same problem "gen2" is having. Sorry for the hijack

Alright, send me one of your girlfriends from *******, and i'll send you the latches out of my rt/10, I'll even pay shipping as long as the girl arrives in a bikini.

OP
OP
G

gen2lover

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK,so now the right side hardtop latch ball bearing came out.I just paid $250 for a new left side latch 2 months ago. 02 rt-10.

now what? I guess it still locks? but you have to push the heck out of it to get it to lock,barely.The ball bearing- what does that do?

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The trick to keeping these latches together is to first get the adjustment right. The back half of the latch has a locking nut that can be adjusted so there is only a small amount of play in the top when latched. Once adjusted, locktite the nut. This will keep it from loosening up and falling out.