Need a new helmet

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Time to get a new helmet. Any suggestions ? I don't want to get something and then find out afterwards that I should have gotten something else. All I know is I want a full face, vents, and white. I'm thinking Bell or Simpson ?

Thanks,

AC

Please PM me or e-mail: [email protected]

Thanks

:usa:

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do you buy a helmet by mail? As a bike rider, it is clear you have to try on a helmet to make sure it fits properly. When trying on helmets I've also learned that even same model helmets in the same size don't fit the same. Don't know anyone that will let you return a helmet once you've bought it.

chimazo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do you buy a helmet by mail? As a bike rider, it is clear you have to try on a helmet to make sure it fits properly. When trying on helmets I've also learned that even same model helmets in the same size don't fit the same. Don't know anyone that will let you return a helmet once you've bought it.

Last summer, I bought a helmet from Helmetcity.com and because I have a horse-head, I ordered the largest size, only to find that it didn't fit.:dunce: I called and they were very helpful, offering to exchange it for a different manufacturer whose helmets ran larger. I forget who I spoke with, but he even asked me what I needed it for so I didn't buy something I didn't need or spend more for unnecessary features.

OP
OP
A

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds good, I'll check it out, thanks. I would like to go and try one on. There was a place up off route 84 in northern Westchester or Putnum County in New York, but I forget the name of the place and it's been a while since I was there. They had everything. Other than that, it's a trip out to Long Island. Who wants to do that, and sit in traffic all day ?

Thanks

OP
OP
A

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GT Snake:

The guy's name was Mark Glover. He was at VOI 7. He did a great job on my helmet. Here are links to some pics, as posting is a pin.

AC

Auto Related Pictures
Auto Related Pictures
Auto Related Pictures
Auto Related Pictures

the sig. is Mario Andretti. He signed when the helmet was white, and Mark painted around it. I think he did a great job. I want to track him down, but I don't have any of the info to contact him. Tried a search, no luck.

Andrew

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That paint job looks really good. Hopefully he'll be at VOI this year. But I'd really like to get it before then.

fastmd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apex performance sometines gives discounts to nasa members on the Hans, I purchased mine from them, really can't go wrong. It is always not your level but those around you on the track.

sweet gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Had mine done at Blowsion blowsion.com they did an awsum job on 2 helmets I had done there. Great to work with, very creative. Will caution anybody looking to have a helmet done for spring, this is there " busy time" so don't wait! I sopke with John, he is the owner and does all the custom work, great guy. If you use him mention the matching Viper helmets he did last spring and he can send some pictures.
Steve:2tu:

shmoos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like this company. they sent me a demo a while back, and it felt great.

accueil porsche-2

They also sell the complete line of suits, shoes and gloves. All can be designed to what ever you want.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceno