New Gen III owner

TheJudge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First time posting! Just picked up a dream car last weekend for an absolute steal. Apparently the PO owned (or partially owned) a construction company in town and had amassed a collection of about 15 different vehicles. Unfortunately he passed away and his widow has been selling off the vehicles. This particular Viper only had 1500mi on it and was still sporting the original tires! Clear dry rot so we had to be really careful driving ~70mi home.
Prior to being put up for sale the dealership replaced the passenger window regulator and performed an oil change.
I have some new tires on order (Conti ECS 275 & 355) that should be showing up next week.

I was hoping the owners manual would call out the recommended jack points but couldn't find it. I plan on getting some race ramps in the future but for the time being I'll need to resort to jacking it up.

Other stuff on my to-do list, likely in-order:
Radar detector
Radio (I want BT and Android Auto at a minimum)
PPF
New oil cooler lines (from Havik or maybe have them made locally)
Brake fluid flush
Anything else I should be on the lookout for?

Also in my stable is a 2017 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack and a 2006 Jeep Wrangler. One could say I have a Mopar addiction.

Attachments

• 20240921_140208.jpg
    20240921_140208.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 5
  • FB_IMG_1724541725383.jpg
    FB_IMG_1724541725383.jpg
    163.5 KB · Views: 5

serafins

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats. get your bushings replaced, relatively cheap and the car will handle like it’s supposed to. Then get a good alignment.

You’ve probably seen it but they make a really nice Apple CarPlay retrofit radio for the gen iii

Old School

Enthusiast
Reaction score

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
You might consider a full fluid flush in general (coolant, brakes, power steering, oil, transmission, differential, etc.). With so few miles it's probably not a huge deal, and I'm not really sure that fluids have a shelf life like some would say, but always nice to at least have a new starting point so you know what's in the car and that they are at the right levels. Seat time is usually my next recommendation. It's good to get a feel for the car and how it handles before you might need to do any kind of emergency maneuver. That might also tell you if there is anything else that feels odd about the car that you might need to address, like a miss in the engine, a weird clunk, funny smells, etc. Congrats on the purchase though! I've really enjoyed my gen 3 and all the miles I've put on it since. They are great cars that are really well designed and built to last with just basic maintenance. Get out there and have fun with it!