New guy in Nashville (steve)

steve01viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everyone I am a current Viper owner of a red 01 r-t10. I am in the process of selling the car and i have bought another yesterday that I pick up next week. The new one is an 05 commerative addition with 4k miles on it. I have not driven or inspected the car yet, but I am showing a clean car fax and the pictures look great.

What do you guys think of the 05 compared to to 01?

Steve

Kenneth Krieger

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here we go again......comparisons, and someone will just go crazy when you say this car is much better than that car, or vice versa. Going from a Gen1 or 2 to a Gen 3, IMHO, is like night and day. I happen to have an 05 Comm. Edition, and it's a fantastic car. The brakes are second to none, and it handles much better. Oh, you'll say he did some work to the car. Yes I have, S/C, 3:55's, Sidwinder wheels, PS 2's, and Eibachs, and what they have "enhanced" have been well worth it. However, the car was a step up from the Gen 1-2, when "pure stock", and has a much better fit and trim from the previous generations.
Now.......there you have it, but is that all? NO.......ALL Generations of Vipers are GREAT cars! Some wouldn't give up their Gen 1 or 2 for a Gen 3! I completely understand that, and will back you 100%! I won't give up my Gen 3 either. But the most important thing is what you want in a Viper, and what you don't want. They all stand out above the rest. They're an "in your face car" that most people would love to own! I am grateful that I have had the ability to own 2 of these great cars. Choose what YOU like best, and don't look back. Viper all the way!

OP
OP
S

steve01viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks. That's a great reply. I am mostly a corvette guy I have had several 1959's and I am currently looking for a 67 small block, side pipe convertible. I also have a 07 BMW 650 I convertible that I can stick the family on a nice day and let them all enjoy it. I love my cars and have loved my 01 Viper. The only two things that I didn't like out my 01 was the air conditioning and the fact that I had remove the top and carry a pain in the butt soft top around. So I am looking forward to the soft top being built in. I hope to god it is easier then the soft top on my 01. My 59 vette has a soft top and a hard top and the soft top is pretty easy to lift and clamp in place.

I am supposed to pick the 05 up on Saturday of next week and ship the 01 to Canada in the next two weeks.

Steve

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Congrats, Steve...I'm SURE you will really like the 05. Get to know it "gently" as they are a little easier to get "out of sorts" on hard acceleration in the lower gears.

V

Venomiss

Congratulations on the Viper. Where in Canada is your old one going?:eater:

We'd love to have you join us!:) Especially if intend on going to VOI.
VCA members get a $55 dollar per person discount (2 people max) towards VOI.
Almost pays for the membership in itself. Plus you get all the other perks on this website.
A great deal!!

OP
OP
S

steve01viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well I guess that my del is dead. I am back in the market for a low mile 05 co
commemorative edition. If anyone has a good price on one let me know I want to be under 60k.

615-299-6919

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have an '05 Black SRT...cannot compare, as we never had an '01...but hey, ALL VIPERS are GREAT!!! There, that's my opinion for ya! LOL...so you've been a Viper owner, but show as an 'enthusiast'???? Whassup with that??? LOL...pm the mods your new vin# and upgrade to Viper Owner, dude!!! Also, your post count doesn't change after each post? That's odd! (Better yet, join the VCA...can't go wrong there!) CONGRATS and pics soon please!~~~~~juli
**Sorry the deal didn't go thru...hope you find another '05 Commemorative Edition soon...**

uvbnbit

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not joined the VCA yet:omg:. AL/TN is going to Bowling Grn this month (18-20). Want to join us??:drive: all the info is on the AL/TN forum.:headbang:
Chip

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceno