New Viper mag thrown in trash today by me.

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What you may forget is that VIPER magazine is NOT a VCA publication - not even close. Yet we always get some great (and free) publicity for our members, not to mention the mugs of the regional presidents in every issue. So who funds the bulk of VIPER magazine? Chrysler/SRT, of course. Like the Viper Owner Invitationals, these are funded largely from their marketing budget. Why? Because the Viper is a halo vehicle designed to help sell other Chrysler products. Don't know what a "halo" vehicle is? From the folks at Wikipedia:

Chrysler knows that the Viper is not for everybody - not by a long shot. But they also know that a lot of folks that would love to own a Viper one day will then consider some of the "little brothers" such as the entire SRT line (all high-performance vehicles with enhanced looks). Indeed, they will stop by a Dodge dealer to see the latest Viper (usually with cameras) and discover the Avenger for the first time or buy a new Dodge Ram. And guess what? That is the ONLY reason the Viper came to life in the first place. It was never designed to be a high-volume vehicle, but was an "advertising platform" to sell all of the other high-volume Chrysler products that were. Rather than a Superbowl ad or two, they created a legendary car that would represent the creativity and drive of a great American car company.
Thanks for the explination. I understand now why the mag is setup the way it is. I thought it was VCA publication.

OP
OP
G

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now I get it ! No more complaints

The Quarterly Viper magazine has nothing to do with the Viper automobile. It is a general Chrysler magazine published by JRT for Chrysler and has nothing to do with the VCA or the Viper automobile. It is only a marketing tool. I am looking forward to the next Viper magazine featuring some Wrangler, PT Cruiser and the V-10 powered sprinter all SRT versions of course.:rolaugh:

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Now I get it ! No more complaints

The Quarterly Viper magazine has nothing to do with the Viper automobile. It is a general Chrysler magazine published by JRT for Chrysler and has nothing to do with the VCA or the Viper automobile. It is only a marketing tool. I am looking forward to the next Viper magazine featuring some Wrangler, PT Cruiser and the V-10 powered sprinter all SRT versions of course.:rolaugh:

You just don't give up do you? ;)
  1. It hasn't been called the Quarterly in years
  2. It has EVERYTHING to do with the Viper
  3. It is NOT a VCA publication, so we have no influence over what is published - they pick and choose every picture, article, etc.
Let me know when you find a major manufacturer that prints GTS Bruce Magazine just to make you happy. In the meantime the vast majority of us will be grateful that our manufacturer still builds the car, supports VIPER magazine, and supports the club. If they would like us to consider purchasing a few other vehicles, then by all means let 'em. Reading a few ads for non-Vipers is an absurdly small price to pay for what we get in return. But then some people would prefer to punch a gift horse in the mouth.

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the Viper mag and wish it was a monthly publication.

Last edited:

DEKE01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm fairly new to Vipers and Dodge. Based on the threads from Viper Mag collectors and each quarter from folks looking for their mags, a lot of people like what Dodge is doing for us. I don't read this pub cover to cover, but I've enjoyed all the issues and especially this one. When I was at the track this week, a Z06 driver was bragging about his racing boat, so I pulled out the current issue and showed him that twin-Viper powered seamonster. It was fun for the both of us.

As far as all the complaints, I just don't get it. But the only thing that surprises me about the complainers is that not one has complained about the summer '08 issue.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Lol, now that you've pointed it out, I'm sure that a few posers will step up and complain.

I have to admit that when I bought myself a Viper I wouldn't have to listen to all the no-minds that complain and put down everyone else's car. Turned out that even though the Viper is a higher class car than most, the forums show that that doesn't mean the people are 'better'.

The Alley is great for showing exactly what I mean. Quite a few regulars there really get pissed when you try to help anyone. It is a site to show you how bad outlooks can be.

The Viper forums are mostly helpful and allow contact with SRT engineers, etc. so I have to say the VCA, the VCA Forums and even the magazine are great! Nearly all the complaints are bogus. All the posts about how great/fast the ZR1 are OK - the ones that state the ZR1 is better are Bull.

Maybe GM pays to ahve people here to try and sell vettes???

Viper is NUMBER 1!!! Anyone stating otherwise is on the wrong forum.

I certainly wish Chrysler had the option to pay a couple million to the Lemans organization to get the ridiculous restrictor rules lifted. It'd be good to see Vipers win every race they entered, again.

Ted

D

DAMN YANKEE

Thats it...GTS BRuce, immediately increase your meds to both pills twice a day.
You are to make all, repeat all, your anger management meetings through till June.
We spoke about this at Dr. Noonin's, you must learn to play well with others.

and no...there will no tolerance for rants about putting "Tator in as a centerfold".....that is over too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceno