Passenger door randomly comes open

Calvin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a passenger door that randomly comes open when the car is off. I read there was a recall for 13 and 14 year cars. Will the recall fix this issue? It appears to be more of an issue after the car is washed.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
This is the R14 recall. What you described happened to many, many Vipers. Some happened at highway speed.

Note: A dealership recently told an owner that the R14 kits were no longer available. I have not tried to confirm that.

I suggest that you contact your CJDR dealer ASAP.

Recall date
2015-03-27
Recall no.
15V178000
Chrysler (FCA US LLC) is recalling certain model year 2013-2014 Dodge Viper vehicles manufactured October 1, 2012, to February 6, 2014. Moisture may get into the door switch, resulting in the driver or passenger door opening unexpectedly while the vehicle is in motion.
Hide details
Recall consequence
If the driver or passenger door opens unexpectedly while the vehicle is in motion, there is an increased risk of a crash and injury.
Recall action
Chrysler will notify owners, and dealers will replace the door handle assemblies and top covers, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin May 18, 2015. Owners may contact Chrysler customer service at 1-800-853-1403. Chrysler's number for this recall is R14.