Priceless Vett Driver

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had my car out for a spin yesterday and had the funniest thing happen. I live in a very small town in the Mountains of Virginia and my car is a pretty common site amongst the locals so it doesn't get much attention. When it does though it is funny. I was sitting at our traffic light on main street waiting for the green. I see a newer vett (don't know the year since they all kind of look similar) coming through town. The passenger in the vett points over to my car, and the driver of the vett whipped his head around so quick to look it made him start to turn his car as well. After quickly recomposing himself he gave me a big smile and thumbs up.......the look on his face was priceless. Wish I had a camera with me. You would had to have been there to appreciate the moment. Anyway, I need to wash my car today since I got caught in the rain while I was out and the car got pretty dirty from it. But the look on his face will make the pain of washing the car today worth it. :headbang:

dodgefever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a similar 'vette experience... I was first in the right lane at a two lane intersection, a new Z06 pulls up in the left lane. The problem is, I need to be in the left lane right after the intersection to turn into an Applebees. I figure if I gun it at the green, he'll take it as a challenge and just race me. So I decide to delay at green, let him get ahead, and turn left after he goes on. The light turns, I wait, and so does he! Here we are, a silver Viper, and a new, pretty, red 'vette, and we are just sitting at a green light! After a second or so, I see he was waiting for me, so I zip across the intersection into the left lane, and turn. He gives a thumbs up as he goes by, but all the other drivers were pretty unhappy.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was expecting another "I kicked his ass" comment.

When they want me to stop after kidking their asses I can ask them what year their car is. Onlu 1 or 2 Z06 vettes around here though so it doesn't happen often.

Ted

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now just imagine if you would've had a Gen 2 Greg?! J/K Your machine is worth a look even if it means a close call with a telephone pole. Speaking of, I think it's time to update that avatar! Hmmmm.

OP
OP
F

Fast Too

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matt / Chip

Soon as the snow melts we got yesterday I'll pull the car out and get some updated Pics for my Avatar. Did you guys get any snow over in Fred?

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We do the same thing, Greg...when we're in the Vette OR the Viper, we always give a thumbs-up and a smile to fellow Vette and Viper owners (not many Viper owners, but yes, hand gets tired from all the Vette owners, LOL)........it's just nice when others appreciate what other people have and enjoy themselves. Hope you also gave a wave back...I think I know how you feel about Vettes....you haven't responded back to me since I got mine, dude!!!!~~~ LOL....reasons of our own to obtain that particular Vette...LOVE IT...BUT as I ALWAYS state: It is NOT A VIPER!!!! RAW BRUTE against comfort...we can now choose...or use both! ~juli

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Matt / Chip

Soon as the snow melts we got yesterday I'll pull the car out and get some updated Pics for my Avatar. Did you guys get any snow over in Fred?

Yeah we got a little but it wasn't bad. It was much worse near Dulles whereI work. In fact, all of our snow is already gone. Roads are fine, but weather still looks crappy today (Saturday).

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We do the same thing, Greg...when we're in the Vette OR the Viper, we always give a thumbs-up and a smile to fellow Vette and Viper owners (not many Viper owners, but yes, hand gets tired from all the Vette owners, LOL)........it's just nice when others appreciate what other people have and enjoy themselves. Hope you also gave a wave back...I think I know how you feel about Vettes....you haven't responded back to me since I got mine, dude!!!!~~~ LOL....reasons of our own to obtain that particular Vette...LOVE IT...BUT as I ALWAYS state: It is NOT A VIPER!!!! RAW BRUTE against comfort...we can now choose...or use both! ~juli

Right on Juli..... Viper and Vette owner here also.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceno