Question about brakes

Vipertop

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I'm french so excuse me for my bad english.
I have owned a 2007 Viper SRT-10 since 2009. I have done quite a few trackdays with it (Magny Cours, Le Mans...) and I stopped since 2020 (long live COVID lol).
But I want to return trackdays at the beginning of 2025. And so I have to start again with new brakes (I have Michelin Pilot Sport Cup for info).

In 2011, I have two-piece Stoptech discs. I loved it. But the parts no longer exist it seems.
I put in 2015 grooved EBC discs with yellow EBC pads but I found that they lacked bite. Better than original but lower than Stoptech.
Parts Rack offers me grooved Giro discs (associated with Brembo pads). Do you know these discs ? As good as Stoptech?
Thanks for your help.

Here is a photo of my princess :)

Attachments

• IMG_5087.JPG
    IMG_5087.JPG
    142.7 KB · Views: 2

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There never was a Viper built in 2007.

Next, you can find plenty of disks available, but you need to confirm some basic counts and measurements:
1) diameter and thickness of the rotors
2) width of the disc face on the inboard side of the rotor
3) number of fasteners holding the rotor to the hat
4) are the disc holes slotted for floating pins, or round for direct mounting?
5) bolt circle diameter of disc holes and diameter/thread pitch of those fasteners

Once these are confirmed, it narrows down the additional search parameters needed.
Attached is a generic rotor sizing form for custom work from Coleman Racing

Hawk Brakes provides a handy chart for temperature vs friction for their different compounds.

Attachments

• Coleman Custom 2022BrakeRotorSetupSheet.pdf
    244.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Hawk compound chart.jpg
    Hawk compound chart.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 2
Last edited: