Quiet "knock" from rear end?

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Quiet \"knock\" from rear end?

Probably just the sound of the gear lash (clearance) being taken up when loading (decel to accel transition) the ring and pinion. Probably!

viperprowler1

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Hey JMcGuire!

Great avatar! I saw in a previous post where you were introducing your car that you thought that pic would be your new avatar. Absolutely stunning car! I hope you enjoy many safe and happy miles with it! How goes the break-in period?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JMcGuire:
Thanks ACR Joe -- the new "weird knock or thock noise" had me worried. ...........I thought it was nice to get the highly distinctive "viper pits" in the hood into the shot, and of course I've just not seen an avatar from overhead. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Mr McGuire, I know you are a rookie, but the P/C terms for the normal problem are "Rear End CLUNK" (not knock or thock!) and those "pits" on the hood, herpetological references to Pit Vipers aside, are the infamous "Hood Speaker Grills."

Our next noise lesson will cover normal brake squeel, the infamous NGR, and fuel injector "lifter" noise, and the most-dreaded of all: ACR Shock Rattle ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~: )&lt;~~

ps: When admirers ask you about the little tubes in your headlight assembly??
""Those are liquid-filled electrical switches....Under heavy throttle, when the front tires wheelie too far off the ground, those switches cut off the fuel to bring the wheels down..."""

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Hey Jon,

I actually used that line the other day.. Was a blast, you shoulda seen this guys face.... "REALLY?" hahaha

Gerald

2BADD 4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Jon B

I really enjoyed your post! ROFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TOO FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!! That was a GOOD one!!!