Scam Alert

WARPFOUR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just received a solicitation from a member who joined today (10/21/2024) on a part I am looking for, posted here in Classifieds. Member name is "appear3665", listed in Ohio. User wanted contact via e-mail, rather than messaging through the forum. He says he is in Cincinnati, Ohio; phone number comes up (630)-733-XXXX, Big Rock, Ill. I have his e-mail also, lovetrading*** @aol.com. Seller says he only takes Zelle or Venmo. No Paypal..."they closed his account because of (some problem)." Phone connection is very bad, and he has a garbled voice tone. Calls dropped a few times. Asked him if he could list it on Ebay and I'd pay a premium from what he is asking; he said he can't do Ebay. I asked him "what kind of Viper do you have?" and he hemmed and hawed and became garbled. Never got an answer on that. He said a friend gave him the part I am looking for "a few months ago." He couldn't tell me what he was going to use it for.

Anyone know this member?

I won't post the full phone number or e-mail address unless a moderator says its ok. I'm not sure its 100% a scam, but we all need to be wary. I could use the part if he actually has it.

Greg114

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would say he is definitely a scammer, although convenient to use venmo and zelle are both scam artists tools, neither one have purchase protection. PayPal does and that's probably why he got kicked off of paypal. This guy is a scumbag just like many other scumbags trying to do the exact same thing.

OP
OP
W

WARPFOUR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He tried to scam someone else on the VOA forum. That post included the whole email address. He was trying to sell something else to that member. Definitely a scam.