sidepipe conversion

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
anyone done this? how does that affect the sound, performance? what do you do to fill hole in the rear bumper where the tail pipes are?

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
triblk6spd did one on his, and it looks sick. He cut his stock sills and didn't replace them with the Autoform ones like Dave did. Look at his "Spring Detail" thread in detailing forum on here...it gives you a pretty good idea of what it looks like.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
anyone done this? how does that affect the sound, performance? what do you do to fill hole in the rear bumper where the tail pipes are?

We have done 20+ starting w/ 1996 GTS # 0033 back in 1996.

The rear outlet can be closed with a filler panel alone, or a diffuser......or you can run a trailer-hitch thru there for your RACE TIRES-TOOLBOX TRAILER !

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I loved Daves conversion I wonder if we could convice him to travel the country helping the rest of us do the conversion?I can personally get my hands on alot of beer!And Ive heard those Texas guys will travel for beer!

triblk6spd

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My conversion. Daves look great but I was going for something a bit more "race car" looking.
You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My conversion. Daves look great but I was going for something a bit more "race car" looking.

wow your set up looks amazing!!!! what did you use to cut your side sills? what tip did you use?

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

Dave i love that read defuser, do build these for others? did it help the car become more statble at higher speeds?

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I love that ! I think I asked you this before...........what size tubing is that? It looks bigger than 3" to me.

ZexZo6

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Does the car sound better? How are the exhaust fumes by the windows? I had sidepipes on a 75 stingray and absolutely loved it, it make it a different car!

triblk6spd

Viper Owner
Reaction score
NA the sound was perfect. With the ROE the sound is a bit loud for my taste. I may even be going back to the rear exhaust soon. I have a set of Random Tech cats and a good tune by ART so the fumes are not a bother at all for me.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How are the exhaust fumes by the windows?

Ditto, i would love to do the smooth conversion like the above two GTS's. I always ride with the windows down. how is it when sitting in traffic or at a light?

Joe Dozzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Loved the look. After a year or two, the sound did start to become too much - definitely louder in the cabin with sidepipes.

[media]http://gallery.viperclub.org/data/500/medium/137Viper_at_Devils_Tower.JPG[/media]

OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Loved the look. After a year or two, the sound did start to become too much - definitely louder in the cabin with sidepipes.

[media]http://gallery.viperclub.org/data/500/medium/137Viper_at_Devils_Tower.JPG[/media]

i kinda llike the old school side sills:2tu:

DEADEYE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You beat me to it lol. I just added a blacked out section under the triangle beneath the mirror to make the cove look deeper.

blackviper_rear.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

anton28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks you guys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ditto, i would love to do the smooth conversion like the above two GTS's. I always ride with the windows down. how is it when sitting in traffic or at a light?

Have cats, no odor ever.

Definately louder...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skammy