Single stripe pictures... Post please...

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go ahead and laugh :)lmao:) but my wife doe not like the double stripes on Vipers and does not want me to do that to ours. However, I think I could put an offset single type stripe on the driver's side (kind of like the ACR but not the full striping of an ACR). I know I have seen pictures of this but can't find any right now. So, if you have a single stripe car please could you post a picture. I really want to stripe the car and I think my only way is to do a single narrow sripe on the driver's side.

By the way, the reason she does not like the double middle strips on a Viper is every damn Mustang on the road has double stripes and she thinks the Viper deserves better treatment (special treatment) than a regular Mustang. I guess I can't argue with that logic. Thanks!!!

I guess ideally if someone with Photoshop skills could put a single stripe on a silver Viper and post that picture that would be great. SSG, purple or blue are under consideration.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only single stripe car I remember had a thick stripe down the middle ending before the front of the hood...not my favorite. Must have been custom painted, because I've never seen a single stripe offered by the factory.

You didn't mention on what Viper you wanted to put the stripes, did you? Is the '03 SRT the only one you have now?

OP
OP
G

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only single stripe car I remember had a thick stripe down the middle ending before the front of the hood...not my favorite. Must have been custom painted, because I've never seen a single stripe offered by the factory.

You didn't mention on what Viper you wanted to put the stripes, did you? Is the '03 SRT the only one you have now?

Yes, the silver '03 SRT-10 is the one I would like to stripe in some manner... I just can't do the normal middle double stripe. I am luke-warm on the fang stripe. I guess it will stay "stripeless" if we can't come up with a good idea. Thanks. :)

Viperguynick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I definitely think that a single drivers stripe like the ACR has, perhaps in a graphite or other dark color would look awesome. I would make it exactly like the ACR drivers stripe.

Nick

chiefchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't say as I totally disagree with your wifes notion. I hate when "other" cars have the double stripes. I mean, if that car has had a winning pole position at LeMans then fine it deserves the accolades - otherwise it should be outlawed. I have never seen a Dodge Dakota win at LeMans. I'm not sure if Mustangs count - I do believe the GT350's and 500's were a force back in the 60's but I'm pretty sure they were Shelby's. So unless your car is a Shelby Mustang - no stripes allowed. Just my opinion. I think I probably just made some enemies with the Ram SRT-10 crowd tho:D

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mini coopers look great with the double stripe imo.

Surely you mean to do a single stripe on drivers side like the ACR's, right. Otherwise I wouldn't do it. There are some other "stripe options" too, like the one just on the middle of the hood. (Is that called the Fang stripe?)

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am also a no stripe guy. My wife doesn't like them. However I have been thinking about doing a double and or a single through the drivers side. C'mon photo shop guys please. GTS Bruce

commandomatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,

Recently new to this forum so maybe my opinions wont count until I get some time behind me but here it goes anyway.

Stripes (double) look great on Vipers. They just work with the design of the body and all the curves. Sure there are plenty of cars with stripes out there but I dont see how you can compare a Mustang with stripes and a Viper with stripes....not even close. The body styles are completely different and therefore the stripes dont look alike on the two cars.

Ask if the guys that own ACR's would take their rear wings of since there are 1000's of little Japanese racers all over the place that are running around with wings as well.

Look at it this way. You have and drive the coolest car around and all others are measured against it....not the other way around. What you decide to do to your car should be based on what you like the best for it, not what others are doing to theirs.

Just my take (and I do have a 05 Steeda Mustang as well.....without stripes !)

Matt

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,

Recently new to this forum so maybe my opinions wont count until I get some time behind me but here it goes anyway.

Stripes (double) look great on Vipers. They just work with the design of the body and all the curves. Sure there are plenty of cars with stripes out there but I dont see how you can compare a Mustang with stripes and a Viper with stripes....not even close. The body styles are completely different and therefore the stripes dont look alike on the two cars.

Ask if the guys that own ACR's would take their rear wings of since there are 1000's of little Japanese racers all over the place that are running around with wings as well.

Look at it this way. You have and drive the coolest car around and all others are measured against it....not the other way around. What you decide to do to your car should be based on what you like the best for it, not what others are doing to theirs.

Just my take (and I do have a 05 Steeda Mustang as well.....without stripes !)

Matt

Matt, (I'm saying this knowing I might loose my masculine reputation--:lmao:) but it is my wife who doesn't like the stripes--(she was on her university debate team--that equals I loose). It's her Viper too (or mostly hers if you base it on income level ratios between us) and bascially what she says I don't rock the boat... I know what line I should not cross or I will end up driving a C6 Vette convertible instead. :omg:

She has warmed up to the idea of a single stripe, but she needs to see a picture of what it would look like. She likes the idea of possibly having a single stripe (driver's side) that would be the same color as a painted dash, side emblems, and brake calipers. I just need to see what a single type strip would look like--or a single stripe (a couple inches wide) with thin stripes on each side.

OP
OP
G

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
see here
You must be registered for see images attach

Nice. Thanks. Can you tell me how wide the stripe is? Looks perfect.

Now, I need to decide on a color. The color will become a major color for the car as I am going to paint the dash, the side and rear emblems, and the brake calipers the same color to tie it all together. Considering something unique: SSG, plum crazy purple, blue, or even red. Silver is a good accent color on any cars painted in those colors--wondering if any of those colors would be good accent color on a silver car? Austin did SSG calipers for me and they looked pretty good... I know red calipers look good...

Last edited:

TheMilkman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm looking at a image of the ACR Vooodoo that was a raffle prize recently and could imagine a reverse paint job as looking pretty cool.

The VoooDoo car was black with a fading silver drivers stripe with red border. I could see Silver car with a fading black stripe and maybe blue border as it would look better against silver than red, but red would work too. I do think a solid stripe would be better as apposed to the double drivers stripe. (see the 2009 SRT10 raffle car drivers stripe)

Just a thought.

PootyP

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I believe it is about 4-4.5 inches but would have to measure.
I would go with like a graphite color close but a little darker than your silver to give it a slick look that blends. Just my opinion

TheMilkman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Found one that is very close to the Silver with Black Drivers stripe so you can get an idea.

You must be registered for see images

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've never seen a single stripe Viper that looked good.

My bad, I thought you meant a large single center stripe like some have tried to pull off they always look bad.
A single drivers stripe is nice.

vancouver-gts

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Double stripes look good on the right cars , like on this Ford GT as well.I think this GT would look boring without one ;)

I'm not crazy about stripes but I think it makes solid coloured cars look better with the added contrast like on my car :lmao:

maxdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I got my rt10 it did not have stripes, When I got home with it my two kids informed me that was NOT a Viper , it was a Veeper, Vipers have stripes. My gts has them! Use a stick on and if you dont like it take it off.Good luck

OP
OP
G

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I got my rt10 it did not have stripes, When I got home with it my two kids informed me that was NOT a Viper , it was a Veeper, Vipers have stripes. My gts has them! Use a stick on and if you dont like it take it off.Good luck

The problem I have been told by a local shop is that the stick on vinyl will only go on the top of the trunk lid as the SRT-10 has a **** in the middle at the edge and rounds off toward the edges and the vinyl would wrinkle if someone tries to install it over the top of the trunk lid (Kind of like wrapping a football). Has anyone found this to be true? Is there a kit that already has taken this into consideration and goes all the way down on the trunk???

audiowhiz

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The problem I have been told by a local shop is that the stick on vinyl will only go on the top of the trunk lid as the SRT-10 has a **** in the middle at the edge and rounds off toward the edges and the vinyl would wrinkle if someone tries to install it over the top of the trunk lid (Kind of like wrapping a football). Has anyone found this to be true? Is there a kit that already has taken this into consideration and goes all the way down on the trunk???

could they not shrink it on around that edge with a heat gun like they do window tint ? maybe just a stupid thought, but....

I was considering a stick on until you brought that up, interested as well to see the fix for that :omg:

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever seen a mustang with double stripes but that's not the issue.

How about the fang middle stripe like on the 2010 Final Edition Viper. I've thought about it for my 03. It looks great in my opinion especially if you outline it with a red pinstripe like the FE has. Don't have a uploadable photo but just Google it. Let us know what you decide.

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score

PM 'Towdawg' he had his striped in vinyl w/o problems. You need a good shop to do it. Mine guy said no problem except for the front bumper because I wanted mine close together.

chiefchad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow that is one gorgeous girl you have! Mind if I date her ?

The car! I meant the car !!!!!! :D;)

[/QUOTE]

(the stripe looks killer by the way)

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
I liked this initial picture from the Canadian edition Viper. (The actual production stripe was wider and did not look as good in my opinion.) Had a pretty cool interior paint scheme since you're also considering that.

Last edited:

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I liked this initial picture from the Canadian edition Viper. (The actual production stripe was wider and did not look as good in my opinion.) Had a pretty cool interior paint scheme since you're also considering that.

I like the initial stripe pictured a lot, too!:2tu: This would look great on the dog's car.

Bill

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are a couple

Attachments

• dodge-viper-final-coupe.jpg
    dodge-viper-final-coupe.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 5156038796_5a3c53297b_b.jpg
    5156038796_5a3c53297b_b.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 24
OP
OP
G

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I like that a whole bunch. I thought red would look good. Very very nice!!!

Austin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think certain colors look good without stripes. With that said, not all colors look good with stripes. It just really depends on the color combo. I personally like the driver stripe option, but dont care for the black center band part. The fang stripes on the VOI edition coupes looks good.