Stock Z06 beats 618 rwhp viper in roll on

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
YouTube - C6 Z06 vs SC Viper

This guy is trying to say that his Z06 is stock. (im sorry it has an aftermarket intake) Two weeks ago the viper dynoed at 618 at the rear wheel, has a paxton on it. I think he is full of Poo. What do you think.

OP
OP

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris I hope Poo is okay... its fake Poo. I forgot to metion that he doesnt want to dyno the car because it might change something. FAKE POO

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not even possible.

ZOzit w/ 200lb driver comes in at 515 @ 3350 6.5 ish

Viper w 200lb driver comes in at 700(easy) @ 3650 5.2-ish

ZOzit made about 650bhp for a 5.15 ratio.

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greg...you certainly like to stir the ***. :) As I told you, I have never dynoed the car, but, since it seems to be that big of a deal to you, let's go ahead and do it. You can pay for the
dyno session and we will get it done.

When I said I did not want to dyno the car because I would "jinx" it, that is exactly what I meant. I think the highest stock reading that a Z has gotten (w/intake and tune) has been shy of 500rwhp. I think my car is probably close to that mark. I highly doubt I would dyno over 500rwhp...but if I did, trust me, I would be thrilled as that would probably make my Z the "most powerful" stock Z in the planet, would you not agree?

I can run the SC Viper again before the dyno session, and after the session.

What do you say?

OP
OP

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We can dyno it but your paying, I got my wifes add-ons to pay for, much more important. Plus I like saying your full of poo. I LOVE to stir the ***. And Angel, lets be real, for a real car guy like yourself, and I know you know alot about cars, to say that a dyno run will "jinx" the car is absurd.( I dont know if I spelled that right, so dont make fun of me)

Last edited:

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We can dyno it but your paying, I got my wifes add-ons to pay for, much more important. Plus I like saying your full of poo. I LOVE to stir the ***. And Angel, lets be real, for a real car guy like yourself, and I know you know alot about cars, to say that a dyno run will "jinx" the car is absurd.( I dont know if I spelled that right, so dont make fun of me)

Hey...I am sure you are enjoying your wife's add on's :D :eater: - see, you are the one that likes to "modify", ....:omg: :D

Laura offered to pay for the dyno session as my bday gift so it will be done. You can hold the camera on Bill's car...I will run solo this time...you agree that having Bill's car with an additional 180 lbs. is more than fair, right?

The only thing that I ask of you is that, after we get done with this, you come back and post exactly what the findings are on the car and on the race...deal?

OP
OP

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Both cars will have passengers, I will be sitting in yours. I sent you a pm also.

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ill agree, but Bill doesnt want Dan on his car, might leave a mark.

We should make sure Bill is ok with all of this...and Bill HAS to be behind the wheel.

If you want to stir the *** even more, we should mention that I had the outside lane when we hit the "curve" portion...:cool: and no, they are not Oakley's, they are made in China by my young workers...:omg: :D

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tailwag,

I am confused. How can a 500Hp Vette 'Dyno' at 500hp? There should be drivetrain loss.

Don't forget, the Viper is running 3.54 gears so figure 3-4% Dyno Loss = 640hp+ if he had a 3.07 gearset.

I would like to inspect the motor. Anyone could hide a NOS system and not run it during a Dyno Run? A good install could have the lines hidden thru the airbox and not out in the open.

Did you race a number of times? A smaller hidden NOS bottle will run out quickly.

I don't have a problem with the Vette being faster, but it should not be. Something smells fishy here.

Limit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As someone who has both a Viper and a Vette at their disposal, the Viper should be winning this.

OP
OP

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I say we meet at Jerrys before the dyno for a legendary Jerry Inspection. Thats only if he waves the 118 an hour fee. And I must say, I have no problem with the Vette being faster, The only problem I have is that it is stock and Tailwag is trying to convince me it is stock. I wish I had a Civic that was 700 rwhp, that would be cool.

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tailwag,

I am confused. How can a 500Hp Vette 'Dyno' at 500hp? There should be drivetrain loss.

Don't forget, the Viper is running 3.54 gears so figure 3-4% Dyno Loss = 640hp+ if he had a 3.07 gearset.

I would like to inspect the motor. Anyone could hide a NOS system and not run it during a Dyno Run? A good install could have the lines hidden thru the airbox and not out in the open.

Did you race a number of times? A smaller hidden NOS bottle will run out quickly.

I don't have a problem with the Vette being faster, but it should not be. Something smells fishy here.

The Z has 505bhp...yes, there has to be some "loss" due to transfer to the wheels, I fully agree. However, some dyno results on Z's are anywhere from 420 to 482 rwhp...BONE STOCK. With intake and tuning, some are seeing just shy of the 500rwhp mark...so about 497 or 498 I think...again, these are the ones that are the highest readings.

I only have a K&N intake...no tune or nothing else performance oriented installed (you of course know I have a different front chin splitter, black out lights and high-heat temp painted black wheels - none which should yield performance gains).

We ran several times throughout the day...do you guys really think I would try to pull something of this sort? A hidden NOS system? Come on...I think you should all know me better by now. Of course you can inspect my car, I am sure you would be extremely anal about it as you are with all your stuff.

dun4791

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is the SC Viper intercooled or no? If the Viper is hot and there is no intercooler, I would go with the Vette. Viper should have won if its intercooled.

C6Z06s are dynoing around 500 with exhaust/filter/tune.

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, I would be happy to inspect the car. I won't pull the cylinder heads for the inspection :)

Lacking the $118/hour I hope I don't miss anything.

Bill+Shawna most likely weigh a little more + 50lb sub box and the Viper is heavier than a Z06. Even with that, this still does not make sense.

If that Vette is stock and still pulls like that.....I am impressed.

FYI: Katech has informed me that they slipped in a BlueDevil ZO7 test motor into public cars and Tailwag is unknowingly driving around in one.

KURT E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I notice Bill is maintaining "radio silence" through all of this both here and at VA. Probably best as it cuts down on mud slinging. I am not racing again for fear of losing to a Mustang and starting a riot.

Kurt E

Last edited:

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Angel's Z06 is a Mule car it is one of the 200 mule cars built. It shouldn't have really ever been sold to the public but somehow he got it. He has raced 07 C6Z06 with a KillerBee intake and a tune, supercharged 500rwhp C5 Z06, etc. all races he has won.

I wouldn't be surprised if the mule dynoed at 550 RWHP.

TAILWAG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Angel's Z06 is a Mule car it is one of the 200 mule cars built. It shouldn't have really ever been sold to the public but somehow he got it. He has raced 07 C6Z06 with a KillerBee intake and a tune, supercharged 500rwhp C5 Z06, etc. all races he has won.

Actually Dan, the "mule" term has been used too loosly (<--is that a word?).

It is more of a "pilot" car. I got confirmation from GM that all of the "mules" are destroyed, but that, GM did in fact make 200 "pilot" cars. These pilot cars are not for sale and are given to GM employees, magazines and other venues for publicity/advertising/marketing. The original owner of the car is GM...the driver/pilot was a marketing executive for GM. To date, I have NOT found a single owner of these 200 cars. If the cars, when returned to GM, show too much wear/tear, they are simply destroyed. GM won't confirm the number of registered vehicles either but they also had a hard time believing I had actually gotten a hold of one and they are currently looking into the specifics.

This Z06 was apparently ok and was auctioned off through GM to the public. I had my buying agent buy the car for me. I still have the window sticker and all documentation with the car.
You must be registered for see images

As you can tell, it claims this car was "not to be sold" to the public, but apparently it can, provided GM approves it...and somehow it got approved.

Now...out of these 200 "PC's" pilot cars, 8 of them are confirmed to have different gearing ratio, however, mine is not one of those 8. I have yet to get confirmation of how many of these #200 are still on the road. Mine is one of them.

Katech also chimed in and claimed that, they have noticed that it seems that Z06s that have seen track days, drag raced or driven "as they should have been driven" are putting down the highest numbers on the dyno.

I will put the car on the dyno hopefully this weekend to put all of these questions to bed once and for all.

I personally doubt the car will put more than 500rwhp on the dyno...but if it does, it would certainly make it the highest hp Z in the planet...I really think the car has been broken in properly and has hit the miles/mark where it makes peak power. The ECU adapts to driving style and this car, 90% of the time is on the road, is driven the way it should be driven.

All of this stuff is fascinating to me. :dunno: I am as puzzled as you guys are about all of this, but, frankly, I don't care. I enjoy the car very much and she delivers...what can I say? Just be happy for me :dunno:

I really can't loose
- if the car is less than 500rwhp...that will make me happy about my driving skills.
- if the car has more than 500rwhp...then I have a hell of a freak of a car.

But I really can't win either:
- if the car has less than 500rwhp...you guys still won't believe it.
- if the car has more than 500rwhp...you guys still won't believe it.

Asi es la vida...

Last edited:

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looked like the Viper was just playing with him.

I did that years ago in my GTS against a C5 Z06. I passed him so fast, I'd let up and pass him again, and again, and again. After a while it was just got cruel.

OP
OP

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If it dynos at 550, NOT STOCK, thats all im saying

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Assume the viper is making the rated power in the dyno as it is on the street...that Zozit is popping out close to 550rwhp.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My buddies Paxton car walks me hard , no doubt about it. I have dyno'd 508 RWHP.
So either the Viper wasnt trying, the driver doesnt push it hard or the Z06 is pumped up.
No one is knocking the fact that the Vette driver may be a good driver or knocking the fact the Z06 is a great car. But facts are facts, equal drivers, the S/C Viper will walk a STOCK Z06. Especially from a roll on. From a start, its all about traction and gears and i bet a good driver in the Z06 could get out f the hole better.

Badazzv8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it's a paxton car with the crappy IC, it is possible, especially on a hot day. You can feel the power loss after half a run, and the next run isn't nearly as fast. Once the paxton is heat soaked, it's like running on stock power.

I raced a new Z06 from a stop and lost, and a roll and lost until we got to higher speeds. I started to pull slightly past 140. This was after we ran once and didn't get a clean run, so I was already heatsoaked.

Oh, and it looked like that Viper guy didn't shift very fast and the Z got the jump.

DrDJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually Dan, the "mule" term has been used too loosly (<--is that a word?).

It is more of a "pilot" car.. I will put the car on the dyno hopefully this weekend to put all of these questions to bed once and for all... All of this stuff is fascinating to me. :dunno: I am as puzzled as you guys are about all of this, but, frankly, I don't care. I enjoy the car very much and she delivers...what can I say? Just be happy for me :dunno:

Asi es la vida...

So what happened on the dyno? BTW, I thought it was an interesting thread. Technically, you can claim that the car is "factory" or "stock" but that is still misleading since it is 1 of 200 cars that weren't to be sold to the public.

DrDJ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Copperhd