Strange Power Surge while accelerting

whitebluevipe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i was doing some spirited driving the other day and i am in third gear accelerating and the car seems to have a power surge and really take off. (not like normal). it almost felt like boost. i never really expirienced the car doing this before and haven't been able to replicate it again. i was wondering if anyone else ever expirienced this? it almost felt like the car was being held back a bit and then let loose and took off. that is about the best way i can describe it. it is a 96 rt/10 with only headers, smooth tubes, and cats.

Hyru

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Was there any form of lag time from the time you stepped on the pedal to when the car accelerated?

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only time I have experianced this was when my tires were spinning and then hooked up. I could not hear them spin. It was with my old hard tires before I replaced them with my PS2's.

I did have something like that happen in my Miata a couple of times. When I hit 4K, it would slightly drop in power and then a big surge of power. I cleaned the afm, intake, and seafoamed the engine and everything went away.

Rizzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have one of only a few secret Vipers with factory installed internal turbo's. You cant see them from the outside but they are there. Very hush hush. Some day it will be worth millions at Barrett Jackson. :);)

OP
OP
W

whitebluevipe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have one of only a few secret Vipers with factory installed internal turbo's. You cant see them from the outside but they are there. Very hush hush. Some day it will be worth millions at Barrett Jackson. :);)

i new i would hit it big someday.:lmao:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skammy