The Good and Bad of Tator’s Dodge

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Good:

Picking up my new '08.
Early Saturday morning in the quiet town of South Salem, NY. Dewey sunshine, birds chirping, crickets soliciting and I’m sitting on the mail carrier’s overturned plastic delivery box leaning against the front door, waiting for Tator’s Dodge to open. At exactly 8:00 AM I’m greeted with a booming “Good Morning” by a 32 ounce coffee mug carrying Viper Wizard. A pleasant rendering, but not what this is about. LOL

2 hours later, while we’re standing in the wash bay and Chuck’s, going over all the newfangled, next generation, ‘08 Viper gadgets, Chuck’s Mom, comes over to say Good Morning. The good natured brief exchange went something like this:

“Hi Scott”
“Hi Mrs. Tator”
“Is this (referring to the new Viper) yours?”
“Yes ma’am”
“Well just let me tell you that ever since I saw this Viper come off the truck the other day, I’ve been telling Chuck that is the nicest looking one I’ve ever seen! Best of luck with it.”
“Why thank you. Thank you SO much, Mrs. Tator!”
“Elegant, that’s the word!”
And with that she turned and was off.

I think she might have mentioned something under her breath to Chuck about cleaning his room, but I couldn't be sure.

Talk about a great start to a great day!

The Good:

My eyesight is not what it used to be. Most everything important requires that I use reading glasses, which is a major PIA! Since my NYS registration is pending, Chuck sends me out with his dealer plates on my car until my registration (plate transfer) comes back. Apparently, sometimes this can draw the attention of law enforcement officers, so he explains that all the dealer paperwork is enclosed in a pouch behind the plate. Should an officer profile me (I DO look a lot like Dustin Hoffman), Chuck tells me to politely ask for a screwdriver, remove the plate and hand it to the officer with the attached dealer documents. He also hands me a Dealer letter (2 pages) which, he explains, authorizes the holder to use the Tator Dodge dealer plates, which MUST also be politely presented to the officer.

I make sure to secure the documents in a plastic document holder in the car just in case! Well, here’s a copy of the first page:

scan00041.jpg

Of course the second page was far less "personal".

DAMN THAT WIZARD!

Actually, there’s no “bad” to speak of in this post, but I figured the thread title wouldn’t flow as well with “The Good and the Good….”. :D

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So you made the choice to make this post instead of 1 phone call or 1 e-mail out of jail right :eater:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OMIGOSH...that had me on the FLOOR, Scott~~!!!! SO typical of our Wizard, isn't it??? THAT humor of his...and your write-up was EX-tremely amusing...love that Chuck's Mommy came out and complimented you on the car...that letter just goes to show everyone that Chuck is THE BEST!~!
THANX for the laugh for the start of the day~~~juli

V

Venomiss

Chuck forgot to ad the part about taking pictures during the stop and search.
You need to frame that letter.

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hilarious!:lmao::lmao:

Great post! Chuck and the Tator family are the best!

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have FUN with the new car and thanks for your help with the Riverside....dodge dealership...car!

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Good:

Picking up my new '08.
Early Saturday morning in the quiet town of South Salem, NY. Dewey sunshine, birds chirping, crickets soliciting and I’m sitting on the mail carrier’s overturned plastic delivery box leaning against the front door, waiting for Tator’s Dodge to open. At exactly 8:00 AM I’m greeted with a booming “Good Morning” by a 32 ounce coffee mug carrying Viper Wizard. A pleasant rendering, but not what this is about. LOL

2 hours later, while we’re standing in the wash bay and Chuck’s, going over all the newfangled, next generation, ‘08 Viper gadgets, Chuck’s Mom, comes over to say Good Morning. The good natured brief exchange went something like this:

“Hi Scott”
“Hi Mrs. Tator”
“Is this (referring to the new Viper) yours?”
“Yes ma’am”
“Well just let me tell you that ever since I saw this Viper come off the truck the other day, I’ve been telling Chuck that is the nicest looking one I’ve ever seen! Best of luck with it.”
“Why thank you. Thank you SO much, Mrs. Tator!”
“Elegant, that’s the word!”
And with that she turned and was off.

I think she might have mentioned something under her breath to Chuck about cleaning his room, but I couldn't be sure.

Talk about a great start to a great day!

The Good:

My eyesight is not what it used to be. Most everything important requires that I use reading glasses, which is a major PIA! Since my NYS registration is pending, Chuck sends me out with his dealer plates on my car until my registration (plate transfer) comes back. Apparently, sometimes this can draw the attention of law enforcement officers, so he explains that all the dealer paperwork is enclosed in a pouch behind the plate. Should an officer profile me (I DO look a lot like Dustin Hoffman), Chuck tells me to politely ask for a screwdriver, remove the plate and hand it to the officer with the attached dealer documents. He also hands me a Dealer letter (2 pages) which, he explains, authorizes the holder to use the Tator Dodge dealer plates, which MUST also be politely presented to the officer.

I make sure to secure the documents in a plastic document holder in the car just in case! Well, here’s a copy of the first page:

scan00041.jpg

Of course the second page was far less "personal".

DAMN THAT WIZARD!

Actually, there’s no “bad” to speak of in this post, but I figured the thread title wouldn’t flow as well with “The Good and the Good….”. :D

Chuck, that letter gave me a good laugh this morning!

05CopperHD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's great! I had my opportunity to talk to Chuck for the first time today. And let me start by saying Chuck Tator's still providing quality service.

I live in Florida and have never met or communicated with him before today. I called him because I needed a technical answer from a reputable person and dealership. I believed my local dealership was being unfair on an extended warranty issue.

Chuck spent atleast the next 30 minutes of his valuable time providing me with information and ammunition to help me plead my case against the dealership. Chuck didn't know me from "Adam", but he treated me like my father had done business with him for many years.

Thanks again Chuck for the quality customer service provided to a complete stranger. Just wish you guys were closer to me or atleast send your "Customer Service" manual down to my local dealership--they've seemed to have lost theirs.

Eric

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stryker4life