V1 Mode - Which do you use?

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been using my new V1 for a couple of weeks now and am starting to become familiar with all the noises and lights. I have to admit it is a very comprehensive gadget.

Mine seems to go off a lot around the Quikie Marts and Wally Marts while doing my hiway commute every day.

Anyone have any luck using the Logic and Advanced Logic modes to keep those under control?

Any bad stories using those Logic modes?

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I use the mode that shows the big "L" when you start it up. But I did turn of X and K band as they seem to go off all the time around stores. I mostly worry about CHP on freeway and they use Ka. So whenever mine goes off, I know theres trouble.

MarkRx

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Big L.

I had a state trooper hitting me with K the other day and I know some still use X band. I wouldnt advise turning them off.

Reaction score
I use the advance logic mode and it does help with the false alarms but you always hear them at least at the first sign of a signal. Like above I would hate to get caught with an old school radar because I had it shut out.

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's been a while since I've used one. I remember I used to turn the volume off or down very low. I placed the unit in a place where I could see the lights. If you are an observant individual you will pick up when the lights are hitting the automated doors on the stores and when your picking up Johnny Law.

Basically if the tone starts out low and continues to increase, your best bet is that its not a store. Youll pick the stores and other interference up in a rather close proximity to them. You'll learn this and get accustomed to the unit going off in that same place every day. When it goes off in a rather unusual place or it suprises you, check you speed.

Hope that helps a lil bit.

:usa:

VPR RACR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I use the mode that shows the big "L" when you start it up. But I did turn of X and K band as they seem to go off all the time around stores. I mostly worry about CHP on freeway and they use Ka. So whenever mine goes off, I know theres trouble.

Mike

Do you know what the local cities in the Bay Area are using? I just got a V1 and it goes off all the time. Should I take the chance and just run Ka and L?

Bill

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mike

Do you know what the local cities in the Bay Area are using? I just got a V1 and it goes off all the time. Should I take the chance and just run Ka and L?

Bill

Ive never had a problem. Many years of usage. Guess it depends on your state or town.
The local police are on Ka or Lidar. Im careful for the most part around town. Its the spirited bursts on the freeway that im worried about. So Ka is all I need for CHP here in Bay area.

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do you guys like the V1? I was gonna buy it but I decided on the Passport 9500i Blue instead which I really like :)

OP
OP
D

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do you guys like the V1? I was gonna buy it but I decided on the Passport 9500i Blue instead which I really like :)

Quite impressed so far. Just need to tweak the settings to cut down on the urban jungle noises.

I've got it on the pass side visor at this point which somewhat limits quick visibility. You have to look up and over at it, which like was said above, CYA'ing yourself when doing freeway bursts, it can't be a good idea to look away from your front.

So when I get the Big Brakes mirror mount I think I'll be all set and can really get down to learning this thing.

But so far, way happy.

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quite impressed so far. Just need to tweak the settings to cut down on the urban jungle noises.

I've got it on the pass side visor at this point which somewhat limits quick visibility. You have to look up and over at it, which like was said above, CYA'ing yourself when doing freeway bursts, it can't be a good idea to look away from your front.

So when I get the Big Brakes mirror mount I think I'll be all set and can really get down to learning this thing.

But so far, way happy.

Yes I have mine installed via rear-view mirror mount with the hardwiring kit radar unit mounted on top of the steering column so I can see it as I'm driving. I will have to take pics and post.. it's really a great set up.

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2 V1s here......since 1994. Never anything but full logic --big L. I don't have anything programmed out. Every band makes a different tone. If it falses on a store, you see the X band light up. Ours is mounted above the rear view mirror just to the right of the mirror mount. It tucks in there very nicely. I keep the mute volume about 1/2 way up......could be less in a quieter car........just to keep me on my toes when I mute it. The V1 will pick up everything just fine in full logic. Picking up a new 'bogey' will override the mute

Steve

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceno