Viper in Kihei

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Saw a black Gen III coupe in Kihei, HI tonight while my family was shoping at Hilo Hatti's. Any one here, or was it just a rental?

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I take it you are in HI slysnake? I will be in Oahu October 1st with my Viper starting my new job. How many VCA members live in HI?

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow that is a great story. I cannot wait to live over there. It is going to be a once in a lifetime deal with the Viper that is for sure. So what recommendations do you have for owning a Viper in Hawaii? Where did you take yours for service, etc? Or did you do all the work on your own. Thanks for the story Newport Viper.

XLR8SN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
YAY!!!! Another Viper in Hawaii. Hope the move goes well....and make sure that you document EVERYTHING in regards to the car move. I used Pasha and was very impressed and everything was perfect. I taped up the front facia and the side skirts for any potential scrapping.......nothing was scrapped though.

Best of luck and maybe see you on the road soon. :2tu:

OP
OP
S

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife is Hawaiian and we visit her family there on Maui every year. We will retire there some day and I will have my viper shipped over. looked into renting one once but there were none available on Maui, but with the new super ferry I suppose it's possible someone came over from Oahu.

Bad thing about Maui is there are only a few miles of road posted at 55mph even. Any roads, except maybe upcountry, would be pretty frustrating for the viper owner.

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
thats funny. I just saw this thread. My wife and I got here last Sunday and stay till next thrusday. We just got married in Wailea and are staying there. We go thru Kihei almost daily. Ive been looking for Vipers,but havent even seen a rental. She was going to suprise me and rent one. Im glad she didnt. Why pay for something I already get to drive. But she did say they only were renting Gen 2's. So Im cruising around in a vert V6 Mustang. Feel the power!!!

I realized it might **** to own a powerful car here. Seems few obey the speed laws, most travel about 65 mph on hwy. But ***** to see all these 45mph signs on highways. And alot of one lane roads with limited passing. I guess you would have to go to track every weekend to get your fix.

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I dont see the chance of even being able to use my Nitrous there. It will be nice to own maybe one of two or three on the island though. Yeah I have been to Hawaii three times, once on Maui for our honeymoon and twice to Oahu. Never saw any Vipers driving around, but saw a red GTS at a car rental.

What is really disappointing is right now my nitrous setup is getting additions added and cleaned up. This was all planned and started getting worked on before I took the job in Hawaii. Oh well at least it will look good. The cops can be bad there. I got pulled over in a rental, not even speeding but did an illegal lane change getting on the highway. Thats ok though I can deal with being able to drive year round with the top down most of the time enjoying the beautiful scenery. And the car will be my daily driver, I plan on living close to work. The problem is the track has been closed in Oahu since last year. That is from the research I have done. Can anyone conform this for sure that lives there?

MikeR, Congratulations on the wedding. My wife and I had our honeymoon in Maui in April and it sure is a nice place.

XLR8SN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I dont see the chance of even being able to use my Nitrous there.

The cops can be bad there. I got pulled over in a rental, not even speeding but did an illegal lane change getting on the highway. Thats ok though I can deal with being able to drive year round with the top down most of the time enjoying the beautiful scenery. And the car will be my daily driver, I plan on living close to work. The problem is the track has been closed in Oahu since last year. That is from the research I have done. Can anyone conform this for sure that lives there?

Well...you could use the nitrous.....but just dont get caught. Or you might be a little SOL.

Like anywhere you go.....there are officers here on power trips and ones that dont like moddified cars....just have to roll with the punches at times. One thing though....stay out of Waikiki if you are in a modded car. All the rookies are there and I cant say its true.....(but it feels like it at times)....they really dont want the "locals" in there because of the amount of tourists there. Thus they will kinda tag you for anything to discourage you from going in there again. Its not really "fair" at times....but I do understand the rational.

Yep.....whats snow? Its good and bad that we dont have all of the changing of the seasons here...but....there are perks as well. Heathwise its good. Just watch out for all of the food indulgences and the hot sun. SPF 85 baby. :2tu: Seriously though....use sunscreen. Your skin will thank you in a couple of years. That tan wont look so good on a wrinkley ***.

Like I mentioned though....get a daily ******. You are going to thank me about that later. Roads are not the best at times esspecially after rain...and door dents will kill you. Parking stalls here are small. You and I are going to be fighting for those end stalls. LOL.

The track here did close yes...bummer. There is a group trying to get another track built. But.....I dont know how it is going to be and how big its going to be. We probably are never going to get one of those really nice large tracks that other states have. Land prices and alotments I dont think allow it. It is what it is though. Trade off in a sorts.

Seriously though....get a ******. I think that aaahhh......you are going to laugh at me.......but get a Toyota Corolla or somthing like that. There are mainly imports here and parts for those cars are available. Everything for the Viper will probably have to be shipped in. The Corolla would be small enough, safe enough, reliable, and more important...gas costs here are stupid high.

OP
OP
S

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The islands are bigger than you think
Oahu is very congested. H3 is not too bad but that's not a very long road. Maui is a bigger island but probably less actual usable land area. A viper on Haleakala Hwy? hmmmm.... might be fun early enough in the morning. Big island is probably the best for length of roadway, but I haven't been there in a while so not too sure. I'm mostly in Kahului and drive to the beach at Kehei. I would rather shoot myself in the foot than try to drive a viper in the trafic to Lahaina/Kaanapali

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It could be that I have been without my viper for so long. It could be that I have an extreme passion for my Viper and it seems that will never die away. It could be the raw power, extremely **** looks, everything that this car that no other car has or will ever have. Ether way I will not care if I am driving in stop and go traffic, taking 30 minutes to go 5 miles. I am going to drive the viper everyday, going on cruises around the entire island just to drive. I will be living about 5 to 10 minutes away from work most likely and with no traffic as I will either be in the same town or the town right next to where work is at. Either way I dont care, the car is getting driven like it was meant to :drive:

I will take lots of pics for everyone to drool at when I get there ;)

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also got married on Maui lasy April. Makena Cove, just down the road from Wailea. Mike R, I know exactly the course you got married on. Very nice place indeed. We just got back from Wailea/Kihei two weeks ago. There are some roads up country that you could wind a Viper out on. Would love to power a Viper up the road to Hana! Congrats on the wedding and especially the wedding present. :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stryker4life