Viper Tires and Spares

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just an idea, but especially since the 03+ Vipers no longer have spares, would it be feasible to set up a network with Dodge dealers across the country to retain a few old tires (front and back, at least in stock sizes) for Vipers (especially if they are not going to stock new ones for sale), in case Viper drivers end up somewhere with a serious tire problem (i.e., more than a patch/plug can take care of) so they won't be stranded too long? These tires could be "donated" by Viper owners when they take them off their own cars, still functional, just with low tread, and would be a great emergency resource to have to keep going on one's trip. Also, while 03+ Vipers are a bigger issue as they have no spares, it could potentially include earlier ones as well (keep at least 4 tires, a front and rear 17" and 18", for them). Thoughts?

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have to get the lawyers on board. Can't imagine the liability trail of a used tire on an ultra high performance car.

Understandable, something like an as-is, at your own risk, etc. With that concern, that might be enough to dissuade many dealerships unfortunately.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Do you honestly think that even 3 Dodge dealers would agree to store and maintain spare sets of loaner wheels and tires in 17-18-19 sizes, that they would next-day air to the Viper nation !?

PartsRack has mounted wheels of EVERY size, and we have repeatedly offred to loan them to our customers, or RENT them cheaply to non-customers. Next-day air cost is often above the price of a new tire! I think I have loaned 3 wheels/tires in the past 7 years...but at least we are WILLING and ABLE.....

Worried? RIGHT NOW, go buy 2 truck-size cans of Fix-A-Flat or similar for your trunk. Buy the kind that uses a short air hose, not a valve-stem nozzle alone

[ironic truth: We overnighted a 17" rear wheel/tire to a guy stranded in Kansas, whose card was over the limit. He had wacked a wheel on a curb, bent and flat. He promised to send a check. He even posted a compliment on this site afterwards. His check bounced, and we dogged him for 6+ mos. He NEVER paid us! ]

Last edited:

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[ironic truth: We overnighted a 17" rear wheel/tire to a guy stranded in Kansas, whose card was over the limit. He had wacked a wheel on a curb, bent and flat. He promised to send a check. He even posted a compliment on this site afterwards. His check bounced, and we dogged him for 6+ mos. He NEVER paid us! ]

More ironic: This guy is now a moderator on this site and goes by the name Chris Marshall. If you dont believe me, check Chris' "location" under his avatar, he lives in Kansas!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

OP
OP
S

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you honestly think that even 3 Dodge dealers would agree to store and maintain spare sets of loaner wheels and tires in 17-18-19 sizes, that they would next-day air to the Viper nation !?

I don't want spares in some dealers to be next-day aired around, I want dealers everywhere to have a few spares so that wherever one breaks down, a tire is readily available.

Worried? RIGHT NOW, go buy 2 truck-size cans of Fix-A-Flat or similar for your trunk. Buy the kind that uses a short air hose, not a valve-stem nozzle alone

Fix-a-flat won't work on all sorts of flats, as I'm sure you know.

And some of us actually drive our cars far distances and would like to have some additional security that a spare used to provide, but is no longer an option on Gen 3+ cars.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
More ironic: This guy is now a moderator on this site and goes by the name Chris Marshall. If you dont believe me, check Chris' "location" under his avatar, he lives in Kansas!!! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

:omg: :rant: :shhh2: :D

And Mr. B - if he lives in Kansas (lots of people get stranded here - ask Dorothy) let me know if he is a Kansas City VCA member. Happy to help pursue it for you so that Chad isn't giving us a bad name! :misch:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And Mr. B - if he lives in Kansas (lots of people get stranded here -

I got stranded in Kansas on my way to Viper Days MAM one year. Had to find a trailer wheel (tire and rim) in a torrential downpour while getting over the flu. Made it in time for the final practice on Friday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Copperhd