Viper Wreck St. Augustine Beach 10/18/08

viperbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if this was posted somewhere already but I saw a Black Gen III vert that had just crashed into a building this past Saturday night about 630pm on A1A in St. Augustine Beach FL, just north of A Street. It appears it was going north, went across the median and oncoming traffic, and into the side of a building. Lots of cops, etc. so I could not stop to get a closer look. Needless to say, I hope the occupants are ok - anyone here?

If so and it makes you feel any better, I totalled a Red Gen III vert about 4 miles from that spot in Jan. '07.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
damn really? I like driving on A1A all the way to Daytona even though at times it's extremely sandy. Mango Mango's is a nice place to eat!

--RS

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Bob,

Good to see you're still lurking the board. Hope the driver is OK. When viper GTS-R posted about that spot being sandy, it made me think of this pic that you might like. Having a blast with your old Viper and it is in "a little" better shape than when I bought it from you. Any thoughts about getting back into a Viper?

Serpent32.JPG

OP
OP
viperbob

viperbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Rocket - great pic...I wish we had that much sand on our beach (lost 3-4' from TS Fay and a nor'easter). And the car looks a LOT better than when I sold it to you!

Yeah, Viper #7 is in my future albeit I am not sure what I want yet but maybe I'll try and buy back my first one, a Red '94...I loved that car.

OP
OP
viperbob

viperbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if the driver is a VCA'er - they may not want to post here. But the roads were dry and warm so I am not sure what happened...must have been going pretty fast (speed limit is 45) to go all the way across and into the building.

maxdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For so few of cars made I see one wrecked each time I get on this site! We need to put a post it on the dash that says (DRIVE ME EASY!)

V

Venomiss

Was anything ever mentioned in the papers or online about this one?

kennyhemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reminds me of these lyrics. "A1A Beach 1 Avenue."

lol...

Hope everyone was ok.

I"m still trying to find that location! And I live in Miami:rolaugh:

P.S. I'm also still looking for kokomo, I know it's somewhere in the keys...no!:lmao: