Where do you park at work?

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If and when I drive my Viper to work, which is very rare because I don't want my employees thinking I am flaunting my car, I park it in our storage/5 stall garage that we own.

I had a guy quite the day after I bought my 2000 GTS to work.:dunno:

He's sucked and was about to get canned anyhow. What's up with that?

I was 41 and that was my 1st sports car after busting my ares for 23 yrs.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a guy quite the day after I bought my 2000 GTS to work.:dunno:

He's sucked and was about to get canned anyhow. What's up with that?

I was 41 and that was my 1st sports car after busting my ares for 23 yrs.

The first time I took my Viper to work our CEO asked me not to drive it to work anymore as it would create the perception that IT was being paid too much and would create 'angst' among the employees...I said "HAHAHAHAHAA" and kept driving it to work anyway even gave his exec admin several lunch rides. He was the only one with the 'angst'. CEO's...:rolleyes:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great. Now I am SO jealous.
And that would be weird working at a place where a Viper is just a car to most.

Mike is ONE LUCKY DUDE!!! :headbang: And, for the record, I also, Dave--LOVE your witty responses! :2tu: Our Viper is parked in our garage...doesn't get taken to work. ~juli

xlrashn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Andrew,
You were probably dealing with a person with something to hide. They were probably the one that talked about you when your back was turned, always started rumors, and generally your workplace is better off without them.
As well, politics is PERCEPTION. It has nothing to do, usually, with what is REALLY going on, only what someone THINKS or is being TOLD is going on. I do not drive my viper to work much for this reason. People will judge you and what they feel to be facts, whether correct or not. I have had MANY customers come to me from one of my competitors stating " I used to go there but I know they are overcharging me." I ask "why do you feel that is happening", their reply " Every time I go in there he has another brand new fancy pickup. He must be charging me too much to afford that, because I can't." Now I know that that has nothing to do with his pricing. He is just a good businessman that spends his money wisely and prefers to drive a new truck and write it off. But this is a classic example of how many in the general public come to conclusions. That is why 95% of the time ( we can't kill ALL the fun),my Viper and all the other toys I have stay at home. I drive a 1995 Buick Park Avenue to work most days that I bought from a customer when HE got a new car. So I think I am fairly safe from this unfair method of judging.
Just my 2 cents....OK matbe $1.98 worth (since it is a long post):) :) :)

V

Venomiss

In our garage-right below the office. When taken out the Viper only wants to go to Canada for some reason or other.....we have to hold it back for cruises and meetings.:D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Copperhd