2000 GTS ACR VIN verification

Lstice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trying to validate that a 2000 Viper is indeed a GTS ACR. The VIN is 1B3ER69E9YV602828. The dealer Sticker doesn’t say ACR on it. It lists Comfort Group $910 Competition Group $10,000 and Dual Painted Stripes $2500 along with Quick order package 21A for a total sticker price of $83,860. It has the fog light delete and GTS ACR badge. The wheels have been changed from the factory BBS ones.

Any help would be appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0618.jpeg
    IMG_0618.jpeg
    194.2 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_1686.jpeg
    IMG_1686.jpeg
    218.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1682.jpeg
    IMG_1682.jpeg
    170.9 KB · Views: 17

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
After a quick look, it seems to be an ACR to me...about same description as our 99 ACR which was built in first batch for Wife.

Is your interest academic ?

If you are thinking about buying it for your own use, I would suggest that you could do better in many ways. For instance, in my opinion, it has no collector value....being incomplete, wearing a wonky spliter, and a CARFAX (found by Googling VIN) that report that is damning in my opinion.

If you want to build a racecar, skip the ACR phenomenon and build raceway, GTS to your taste.

As to price...way overpriced in my opinion if CARFAX is anywhere close to being accurate.

If you want my more of opinions, give me a call.

OP
OP
L

Lstice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes it has a rebuilt title. The front bumper and full clam had to be replaced in 2010 due to hitting a mailbox. Insurance company totaled it due to low value of the cars back then and the cost of the clam. Thanks for your reply.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I see that someone else is looking at that same Viper on Facebook...oddly, asking same question on validation.

There is a gentleman who has been assembling a registry of Gen II ACR's for several years. He is also well tied into their current values. His opinion coupled with your thorough hands-on inspection could be helpful in determining actual value.

BoondocSaint

Enthusiast
Reaction score
She's an ACR, but not the cleanest example. If you want the car because it's an ACR, it is the cheapest way to get into one...which brings me to my next point, as was mentioned above, they are asking way too much. Hard to pin down a reliable number without seing the condition of the car in person, but I'd say they are probably asking 15k-20k too much. I'd love to be wrong about that number, because my 99 ACR is a rebuilt title as well.

Last edited:

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
BoondocSaint, to me there is nothing wrong with a rebuilt car if done correctly and completely by folks well familiar with said car. I have seen more than one of such Vipers that were really well done. You and I are on the same page on the pricing.

Sadly, putting a new front fascia on to a Viper can look good, but one can miss underlying issues with such as radiator surround issues, headlights shimmed into position with stacks of fender washers, etc.

Admittedly, original poster may know more about this Viper than discussed. If so, and he is happy with the deal, I say enjoy your new Viper !!

TEALLIFE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems like it is real, but unless youre getting it for cheaper than a non-rebuilt/salvage similar GTS...it doesnt seem worth it to me. Especially since it's not even all intact/original ACR.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few notes, the splitter and cables don’t belong. That window sticker is not a representation of an original 2000 Dodge Viper window sticker. A real window sticker details the elements of the Competition package, and looks nothing like that. Go to a Dodge dealer and run the VIN
COMPETITION GROUP means ACR.