WTB -Daytime Running Light Module Gen II Mopar Part Number 04672271

WARPFOUR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just picked up a Gen II GTS and, similar to my Gen I, I want to activate the Daytime Running Light function. Since I had a spare Gen I DRL module, I plugged it in the DRL port on my new Gen II. It does physically match the Gen II plug, and it plugged right in. However, it did not work, even if I moved the car.

I have reviewed the schematics in my '95 and '00 Service Manuals, I see the Gen I and Gen II modules have different inputs. The Gen I DRL module gets an additional signal from the vehicle speed sensor to tell it to activate. That signal is not supplied via the harness in the Gen II. Therefore, I do need a different DRL module, Mopar part number 04672271 (Dorman part number 704-303). The 04672271 module was used in a variety of mid-late '90s Neons/Caravans/Spirits/Acclaims/Voyagers/Sundances/etc. Both the Mopar part and the Dorman part are long discontinued. I have scoured Ebay and Amazon, and auto wrecker on-line sites do not support a search for DRL modules. I have contacted on Canadian wrecker yard and have not heard back.

Anyone have a lead on a 0467221 DRL module, especially my Canadian friends? (I will be with the Ontario Viper Club members in Windsor/Detroit this weekend in case anyone who is coming wants to sell one.)

SILVER BLUE 99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been searching for one as well with no luck. Junkyards don't carry anything that old anymore. I found one off an Intrepid in rough shape but doesn't work properly even though looks identical.

Good luck with your search and if you find a spare one, keep me in mind :)

OP
OP
W

WARPFOUR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are a couple of DRL modules on Ebay that reference to that era Jeep Wranglers and Dodge trucks. At some point, I may waste the money and just buy a couple blindly and plug them in. They physically look the same, with the same pin arrangement, from what I can see from the pictures. I may also grab my field tool box and hit a couple of the U-pull-it places in the Buffalo area. There are a surprising amount of Canadian-spec cars imported to the US, especially from that era in the Western NY region, as the exchange rate made importing them favorable for dealers and buyers alike. (How can I tell there are a lot of Canadian-spec cars running around Western NY? The de-powered high beam DRLs are illuminated, on vehicles which I know do not have US-spec DRLs.)

If I go to any local boneyard, I'll check all the old Mopars to see if they have the correct module. I'll buy them all, and keep you in mind.

SILVER BLUE 99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unavailable when you try to order it. They've been out of stock for a while. I've gotten my hopes up on multiple sites. One even took my money before realizing they didn't have it in stock. Good times...

OP
OP
W

WARPFOUR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Went to one of the largest U-pull-its in the Buffalo area this morning. It is hard to find stuff that old any more. They did have a few Neons, Lebaron Convertibles, Caravans from around the approximate era, but none were Canadian spec cars and none had the DRL module. I did contact Tator's Garage and they do not have anything. I have contacted Don Scharf and am awaiting to hear back.

Serafins, I do have that image from the Mopar parts listing. Thanks for posting the reply.