2004 with Paxton -- Misfires with boost

blkvnm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 2004 Viper with a Paxton supercharger. It has the Paxton supplied fuel pumps as well. It also has a RaceLogic traction control system installed. I’ve owned the car about 8 years. It has been running and driving great. I stored it for the summer season (Arizona), and am just now getting it out of storage. Unfortunately, mice/rats decided to build a nest in the engine and snack on the wires.

After much cleaning and removing the manifold, it appeared that the wires going to the ignition coil for the front along with the spark plug wires were eaten. Anyway, we replaced the spark plug wires with Viper Parts Depot “Spark Plug Ignition Wire Set Viper 8.3L 03-06” and spark plugs with BOSCH 7927 Copper with Nickel Spark Plug, gapped at 0.032. We cleaned everything, replaced the wire to the ignition coil, put in new manifold gaskets, and reassembled.

It starts up immediately and runs beautifully until boost. I can drive the car around not getting into boost, even almost up to redline, with no issues. As soon as any boost is reached, there is immediate misfiring/detonation.

I’ve checked the RaceLogic computer. It appears that all sensors are working/running appropriately. I tested the auxiliary fuel pumps, both are getting power. I also hooked direct power up to each pump and they both turn on appropriately. Fuel pressure at idle is 55. Fuel pressure under boost is right around 100-105. I checked all the vacuum lines and did not find a vacuum leak. When I remove the vacuum line to the blowoff valve and place a gauge on it, it appears to have a vacuum of 15 with the engine running.

Any ideas what this could be? Any ideas or help would be appreciated. I just need to know why I lose power/get misfires as soon as I get into boost. It doesn’t seem to be related to RPMs…

Car is located in Arizona. Thanks in advance!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bizzy