2008 prices

handyman_321

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OK so the 2008 starts around $84,000 in the USA, but up here in Canada it starts around $99,000. $15,000 difference and our dollars worth approx the same right now.

Am I missing something??? Why would anyone buy a 2008 up here in Canada???

Please set me straight....:drive:

OP
OP
H

handyman_321

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The taxes are about the same. We still have to pay the GST and PST up here. The only diference is a import fee of about $250. No duty for cars made in USA. I paid about $1700 to ship my car from Cali to Toronto last year. I think Buffalo would be alot cheaper..lol

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Export Vipers are different in subtle ways from US Vipers.

Think speedo's and odometers read in Km. Backup lights, fog lights are differently wired. Headlights need Daylight on etc.

Extra expenses to certify in Canada, an duties are probably charged.

Makes sense that additional costs would be there. Lots of US made goods sell for higher prices in Canada also. I am in the toner business, and products that I sell in San Diego cost significanty more in Canada.

Importing into Canada has some hoops to go through if you want to do it legally.

Don't believe Chrysler warranty will be automatically granted to cars purchased in US.

Depends on what is most important to you, the cash or the convenience.

People also grey market import from other countries into US that are either cheaper this way, or not readily available from US dealerships.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceno