Alternator? Low rev? Battery?

Rda316

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone have this issue? If so what did you change? When I start the car (2006) it will rev very low, below 1k rpm and almost sputtering trying to stay on.
I’ll start off by saying when I first got the car it seemed to be a battery issue and the battery was pretty much drained so I got a new battery. For a few rides it was like new, then started to seem like it was going to die out. I’ve had it on a battery tender between rides but didn’t do much of a difference. Of course after I take it out for a ride the very next day it’s fine but doesn’t seem normal for between rides a week apart AND on a battery tender. Any advice or similar experiences are appreciated. I just want to start it up and not see it sputter and try to stay on!

OP
OP
Rda316

Rda316

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep the battery voltage is at 14 when I start it. Just then seems like it’s trying to stay on

kmagnuss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is your battery voltage prior to starting?
What about after starting and at idle?
What about at idle and you turn on all your electrical loads?

Siapattack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tagging along, I seem to get similar issue sometimes....but for me I'm guessing it's just me not taking it out enough!

sssikvipe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
had a similar issue years ago...tho when i replaced my battery, problem solved. So charging seems like the issue as others mentioned.