Anyone know whatever happened to Wayne Skiles?

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
As in "Bad Viper" ?

I exchanged a couple of posts with him a few years ago. You still have his Beast ?

You could try him at his store in L .A.

OP
OP
Tom and Vipers

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Steve, thanks for replying. Yes, still have it (pic of it in NV mountains is my avatar) - in fact I went thru all his VCA.org posts extracting details about the car - learned Unitrax put the 3.45's in it which I didn't know - what I really would like to know were the VEC1 settings he verbally told me - LOL did you read his post that BV was History and described me at the sale? In those posts he mentioned he had owned 59 cars back in 2001 - I wonder if he ever made a list (and how many so far now?)

I did find his store (I think it is in San Bernardino), I saw CLOSED on Yelp and thought Oh No... But then maybe it was that the store was closed for the day. Sounds like he had a McClaren around 2014, the Silver State talk about the Drop Tanks which I loved.

OP
OP
Tom and Vipers

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I checked my address book and had his shop and home numbers - shop is bad number and home was re-used and not his.
The shop number on the internet is the one I had in my book (909) 383-9000
He's on LinkedIn with little activity https://www.linkedin.com/in/wayne-skiles-1497421b/
Now I'm trying to talk to people who may have known him or did work for him. Just talked to Doug Levin, recalls name but that's about it.

OP
OP
Tom and Vipers

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, talked to him. He remembered me. We talked about the Silver State and the VOI in Nashville when I ran into him. He's still into the cars. Said it's OK to say, "This was Wayne Skiles' Bad Viper" when I sell 'his' car. (Where I come from, something becomes "yours" only after you sell it - can't wait for it to be mine Haha)

OP
OP
Tom and Vipers

Tom and Vipers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It never occurred to me to check to see if I had his email. I did, but it's defunct - it was kingcoin... Never thought to ask him if he was living in FL like his area code.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AZViper95