Engine Cooling Fan Upgrade?

Bill W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had a mechanic install a new condenser that I purchased from AC Auto Solutions (https://autoacsolutions.com/products/). He wasn't impressed with how it was made. Not being a mechanic I'm not sure exactly what he meant other than he thought it wasn't a "modern" style condenser considering it was brand new. He also thought the engine fan wasn't powerful enough to cool the condenser properly when stopped in traffic and that the AC wouldn't cool sufficiently. I know Vipers run hot, but Gen 2 Vipers did have an upgraded fan over the Gen 1 Vipers. I did find this: https://www.theviperstore.com/Viper_Gen1-2_Fan_Specs.htm but I'm not sure it's what I would need.
Thanks for your help.

Goggles Pizano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would this fan make a significant difference in cooling? Sold at The Viper Store
Sorry can't comment on those as they are custom aftermarket and I was talking about stock assemblies.
People take to stock later Gen2 fan assembly and install it on earlier Gen2s. There are threads on forums about this. Try to do a search.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

CDNViking

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Dan, what improvements do you think could be made? I still have a couple weeks to adopt any changes that will benefit, especially for street use.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey Dan, what improvements do you think could be made? I still have a couple weeks to adopt any changes that will benefit, especially for street use.
Control system alterations, fan size/count/arrangement, oil cooler design.

CDNViking

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was told they could either run with the factory harness or you can run separate power and its own sensor to regulate the variable speed fans. Jason over at PWR was helpful. I chose to run them as a stand alone system with its own sensor for my setup.

OP
OP
Bill W

Bill W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you track your car or is this for general cooling? Curious. I'm thinking about getting the setup to help with AC.