Ever caused any accidents because of on-lookers?

Need1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was driving around the International (2006 CXT model) and the dude pulls along side me yellin' and givin the thumbs up, then pulls in front of me. We're sitting at a red light, and I can see him checking the truck out in his rear view, and turning his head. Next thing he slams the gas and smashes into the car in front of him.

Also a few weeks before that almost caused another one when this guy was staring at the Rolls Phantom and almost slammed into another truck.

Gotta be careful driving around cars like this, people who stare don't pay attention! They sit at eat their popcorn :eater:

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was driving around the International (2006 CXT model) and the dude pulls along side me yellin' and givin the thumbs up, then pulls in front of me. We're sitting at a red light, and I can see him checking the truck out in his rear view, and turning his head. Next thing he slams the gas and smashes into the car in front of him.

Also a few weeks before that almost caused another one when this guy was staring at the Rolls Phantom and almost slammed into another truck.

Gotta be careful driving around cars like this, people who stare don't pay attention! They sit at eat their popcorn :eater:

So is there an exotic you don't own? So far, I've seen you post about a Gallardo, a Ferrari, an Aston Martin, and a Rolls...You're either full of it, or you need to adopt me. :D

OP
OP
N

Need1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So is there an exotic you don't own? So far, I've seen you post about a Gallardo, a Ferrari, an Aston Martin, and a Rolls...You're either full of it, or you need to adopt me. :D
They're company cars. We rent them. In total we have about 60 cars. Taking them home is one of the perks :D

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I almost got run over by a Rolls Phantom in NYC.....closest thing I've ever come to one....I can see it now...the Rolls emblem imprinted nicely on my forehead and everyone at my funeral saying "Well at least he went out in style! I woulda thought he'd kicked off at the hands of on a them der Kia's!"

Yeah it is tough to be careful enough in our own cars, but to have people take the risks they do to get a good look is absolutely insane sometimes. I've seen people traverse three lanes nearly causing three accidents to get beside me to get alook at the car.....scares the hell outta me.

Regards,
Aaron

OP
OP
N

Need1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What company? You hiring? :)
What skills do you possess? lol.

We rent, also do single day driving events where we take 10-15 people & 5 of the cars, spend the entire day driving country back roads and everyone rotates and drives all the cars, and we also have a car club where you pay monthly and have access to all the cars.

www.dfweliteautorental.com
www.dfwdriveyourdream.com
www.dfwelitecarclub.com

I'm going to be at the next North Texas VCA meeting to present the single day driving events, Marshall says he is interested in setting up a private event for VCA members...

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Caused two accidents in the Viper - just for being "present" and other drivers did not pay attention to their lane and what is going on in front of them! Crash.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
caused a girl to rearend another car a few years ago. but it was in my convertible dodge challenger not the viper. i took it as my good looks that caused it...lol

RichieSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can I count the years I drove a Cab in NYC and would bang into BMW's with Yuppies driving. With 12,000 cabs in the city it was hard to tell who hit you if you even blinked.

black mamba1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I was at a green light the other day when a young kid admiring my car hit the girl in front of him. I felt kinda bad about it, but hey, it goes w/ the territory. In addition, I was at the Tavern on the Green in NY on Fathers Day, there was a Bentley GT convertible ($225,000) in the parking lot and a 360 Modena. However, all the kids crowded around my SRT 10, gawking...the 360 got some stares, but it was no comparison. The GT got hardly any. VIPERS ARE RARE AND THEY RULE!

OP
OP
N

Need1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I was at a green light the other day when a young kid admiring my car hit the girl in front of him. I felt kinda bad about it, but hey, it goes w/ the territory. In addition, I was at the Tavern on the Green in NY on Fathers Day, there was a Bentley GT convertible ($225,000) in the parking lot and a 360 Modena. However, all the kids crowded around my SRT 10, gawking...the 360 got some stares, but it was no comparison. The GT got hardly any. VIPERS ARE RARE AND THEY RULE!
We have a GT (GTC coming this summer) and a 360 Spyder, and you're right - The Viper probably gets more attention. Although, the 360 with the top down, eh, maybe not... :D

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yep, I was at a light and a guy was looking at my Viper smiling and then Wham! hits the car infront of him. I went to the girl in the front of the car and asked if she was okay and wanted to see if she wanted me to be a witness to the accident and she didn't reply. She was either in shock over the accident or so mad she couldn't talk, so no response...I left her there.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What skills do you possess? lol.

We rent, also do single day driving events where we take 10-15 people & 5 of the cars, spend the entire day driving country back roads and everyone rotates and drives all the cars, and we also have a car club where you pay monthly and have access to all the cars.

www.dfweliteautorental.com
www.dfwdriveyourdream.com
www.dfwelitecarclub.com

I'm going to be at the next North Texas VCA meeting to present the single day driving events, Marshall says he is interested in setting up a private event for VCA members...

Oh NOW you tell me... I was stuck in DFW the first 4 months of the year. Would have been nice to have a fun car to drive.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
About 10yrs ago I was over near Jeff Lemke's shop waiting to pull out from a doughnut shop with my RT/10. Looking into the lanes across the street, I see a guy heading north looking to his left at my car as he goes by..and watch as he rear ends a car in front of him that had slowed to turn into a parking lot.

:omg:

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Meh. As long as we're not talking death or dismemberment, I think we're o.k.! :drive:

+1. 't just are stories that automatically come with Viper ownership!

Signed, someone with a GM car that is waiting patiently for his stuff to get through the system so signature indicating this can be activated.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceno