Isn't it funny, that our cars... are THE cars to beat? :)

GimmeTheSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Isn\'t it funny, that our cars... are THE cars to beat? :)

**** Just a ramble...

It's so funny to me, that on all these classified adds... ebay.... ect... you always find the supposed fast cars as being promoted as "Viper Killers" lol it's seems like performance cars in general, in just about every price bracket... are all measured on how they perform against our cars! that says alot, and makes me even more proud to own one... the only draw back is we are always up against the loose loose situation in just about any race.... if we win ( of course! we have a Viper ) but if we loose.... ( oh my god, did you see that ______ just spank a VIPER!) lol.... this was all stirred up by this $160K "Viper Killer" I just came across on ebay.... nice car.... but oh what we would do to a snake with that kinda of $$$$$ lol.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4547761770&category=6338

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Isn\'t it funny, that our cars... are THE cars to beat? :)

Ironically, this would only be a twin turbo viper killer if the viper forgot to connect the turbos. 11.8@126 isn't going to kill many vipers... heck, i've seen stockers w/ drag radials go faster than 11.8...

thanks for the laugh!

JD

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Yeah, but that is a stock benz on stock radials that ran 11.8@126. The 65s are very fast cars.

As far as the "... nice car.... but oh what we would do to a snake with that kinda of $$$$$ lol." comment, stop it, you sound like a mustang or a vette guy.

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I've noticed that too. Everyone wants a piece of the Viper. A legend in its own time. :2tu:

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yeah, but that is a stock benz on stock radials that ran 11.8@126. The 65s are very fast cars.

As far as the "... nice car.... but oh what we would do to a snake with that kinda of $$$$$ lol." comment, stop it, you sound like a mustang or a vette guy.
Wake up McFly you missed the meaning of the post...

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Wake up McFly you missed the meaning of the post...

You Wish.

No, I agree that people often use the viper as a benchmark. He could have left the ricer/mustang driver type comments out of it.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You know... the Viper has always been about an insane amount of raw power that only cars costing five times as much can even wish to come close to, let alone beat. The aggressive and **** looks was a bonus.

Where are we now? We have to stick with stock numbers, because you can mod a moped to outrun an enzo if you're crazy enough to ride it. It's a crowded party and dc hasn't cared a bit to put us back on top, but hey... let's turn a German luxo car into a drag racer! We can't justify a market for that, but we insist that Vipers now must justify their existance. I'm sure every snooty old rich guy that can afford a SL65 AMG wants to drag race it, and everyone with a Viper wants to just keep up with the crowd and play second fiddle to the Benz.

As a gts owner, I don't feel TOO bad about it... my car is 8 yrs old and an instant classic. It was the top of it's game when it was new, and that's what everyone is comparing to. I feel sorry for the srt folks that have to justify their purchase every other day... probably why they're so touchy about everything. :D

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

TWIN TURBO VIPER KILLER! BEST PRICE IN THE USA!

I hope that car is the one with the turbos...and is going to kill a Viper. Otherwise that dude is on crack !!!!

viperama

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wait a few years and the Benz has to fight with electronic bugs and gremlins instead of Vipers.

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I would be more than willing to test out his thoery... :D

OP
OP
G

GimmeTheSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I would be more than willing to test out his thoery... :D

Right on GJ... lol.... Now there's something I doubt we'd see in a some classifieds add "TwinTurbo Viper Killer".... if we'd did, it sure as heck better have a Jet Engine and Parachute attached to it lol ;)

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wait a few years and the Benz has to fight with electronic bugs and gremlins instead of Vipers.

Exactly!! My wife drives a MB CLK 430 vert. Great car, stunning interior. But I swear, that car is just too damn smart, or at least thinks it is. There is so much electronic crap on in that 1/2 the time I can't get it to do whatever I want at a particular time. I swear it tries to think for you and anticipate what your next need will be. Too much.

Once many of these "high end" electronic cars reach 10 years old with some miles... good luck getting them to operate right. My .02.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Exactly!! My wife drives a MB CLK 430 vert. Great car, stunning interior. But I swear, that car is just too damn smart, or at least thinks it is. There is so much electronic crap on in that 1/2 the time I can't get it to do whatever I want at a particular time. I swear it tries to think for you and anticipate what your next need will be. Too much.

Once many of these "high end" electronic cars reach 10 years old with some miles... good luck getting them to operate right. My .02.

I've read somewhere that customer satisfaction is higher with hyndais than benzes. Figures.

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score

"I've read somewhere that customer satisfaction is higher with hyndais than benzes. Figures. "

I can tell you this, at least locally, no one provides customer service like Lexus. They absolutely fall all over themselves to help you. Very, very customer focused. Great cars too.

Then again, the guys at Nelson Auto Group (Viper) have always been great too. However, if you want a "Country Club" level of service, Lexus is the place.

Need4Speed

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I would stay away from Benz. I had an AMG and it was an electrical nightmere. It was always back at the dealer every week for the same issues that they could not fix. I am so glad its gone. Problem with those cars is the engineers rush to get the newest technology out on the market into the cars without taking the time to debug and test it. The end result is the stuff breaks all the time. My car was only 2 years old with 21K miles when the brakes completely failed, I mean 100% failure. I had to stop the car using the emergency brake. What a Piece of $^#$&*.. I would rather walk than have a new benz... They are just awful as far as dependablity.

PJ9454

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I've had 3 Mercedes Benz's all had electronics issues. I'd never own another...I dont trust them. Rather walk than drive a 'benz. Good saying Need4speed

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had 3 Mercedes Benz's all had electronics issues. I'd never own another...I dont trust them. Rather walk than drive a 'benz. Good saying Need4speed

Umm...he said it 7 years ago. :)

02 F.E. TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like my chances against anyones Benz. I would be glad to show him what the ass end of my Heffners TT F.E. looks like.