Motor Mount time any Wisdom

pokeyl

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have read all the post I can find and watched the vids. Gen 3 with BB headers (5 into 1).

Any extra advice? I can pull the headers, if I have to, all DIY.

Old School

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't know exactly what you've read, so hear are a couple things. You can replace the left side without removing the stock headers, don't know about yours. Right side either the oil pan or header needs to come off. To give wiggle room, remove shock crossover brace so the engine can be lifted higher. I added an additional layer with air gap to the mount heat shields to protect the poly mounts. Don't forget to reattach to ground ******** the right side. If you pull the pan, it's a good time to replace the infamous oil cooler lines.

I've got 70k+ miles on these:

mcwop239

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I replaced my headers as well. I was able to swap mine out without taking them off. I actually replaced the headers because my stock exhaust cracked, which I found out was due to a motor mount, so I spitefully was able to do it without removal lol.

Also, I am sure it is completely unorthoxeod to do, but I took my intake manifold off, so it gave me enough room onto to lift the engine up and have more space in to work with.

eaks

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am also going to be swapping motor mounts and trans mount right away (tried last night so undo the bolts but they were too tight and I was too lazy to spend a ton of time after work). I think I am going to have to try out my induction heater device to get those bolts out. I may not get a chance to do it for a month or so as I am leaving for a month on Monday and have a bunch of housework to take care of as winter is coming in Canada :(..

Any additional advice for the motor or trans (not to hijack this thread) that would be great.