Newbie question about vert top

Spd Kilz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm considering a 05 mamba and a 06 coupe. I've sat in both models, but cant decided.

Whats your experience with the vert top? Why is it not POWER?

(bare with me, Im coming over from a corvette)

V

Venomiss

I'm considering a 05 mamba and a 06 coupe. I've sat in both models, but cant decided.

I don't know the answer for sure but I am guessing one is weight, and the other is to keep it simple. Are you looking for a DD or just a weekend car? Track or street driven?
There are many variables to consider.
You will get far more attention in a Viper than the Vette.
Many here have owned both. Good luck with your search!

OP
OP
S

Spd Kilz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well is the top easy to put up and down? Does it completely detach, or just fold down into the trunk somewhere?

It will be a weekend car... I may drag it, but not often. 99% sure it will never see a road cource.

Mods are in order though, nothing crazy. How well will the stock bottem end hold up to low boost? :D

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you want to race get a coupe. If you want to cruise get the convertable. You can get a hardtop for the convertable from autoform.com whish I hear you can race in but, I don't know that for sure. I have a vert I like the option of taking down the top on a nice day. I am interested in maybe getting a top but I don't race much so it's just another expense.

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score

the vette didn't have a power top until the C6. Remember the c4/c5 generation convertable tops??? thats what the 03-08 viper tops are like. It takes about 5 seconds to lower the top. The top folds away in a space in front of the tiny trunk if your talking 03-08 vipers. The vert top is top notch if you ask me.

Peter Nielsen

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well is the top easy to put up and down? Does it completely detach, or just fold down into the trunk somewhere?

Fairly easy, but you have to step out of the car and open up the trunk. (Trick: if you set the parking brake the trunk can be opened with the remote without turning off the engine).

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea, me too. I wish I would have known that a while ago.

Jeff

Fairly easy, but you have to step out of the car and open up the trunk. (Trick: if you set the parking brake the trunk can be opened with the remote without turning off the engine).

That's the same for the coupe, the remote will open the hatch with the engine running if the e-brake is on.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Copperhd