Newbie, Viper in my near future! GTS or SRT?

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been driving Vipers for two years now manand posting on viper alley for quite a while..

I was all for the gen2's when i had my 99 RT10. But the first time I drove my SRT10 I knew it was a much better car.

And honestly...The GTS is he "old" Viper man..Yes it is amazing..But 1997 was 11 years ago ( I retract my statement on the 1996 B/W) But a 1997 is a 35 K car. And it looks exactly like a 50K 2002...Wich one are you driving? Only you know.

But with an SRT10..Well your driving a 2003 or newer model wich is still fairly a newer car..

If it dosent matter to you then fine. But I hated when people refferred to my 99 RT10 as an older Viper. And when I parked it next to a 2004 yellow SRT10 I could indeed tell that it was the older viper.

Like I said. I wasnt a Gen3 beleaver until I drove one and saw just how much better it was than my gen2. Visually I also like it better than my 1999 RT10, and also better than my friends red 97 GTS and other buddies red 2002 ACR...Many others have agreed when seeing them side by side

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is not a simple question to answer. You're asking us to consider 2 very different cars, especially from the standpoint of price.

You mentioned that you've got $60G's to spend. That will buy you a heck of a GEN 2 GTS. Likely a reasonably modded one or one that has been sitting in a garage for 5 years with virtually no mileage.

It will not buy you as pristine an SRT. Newer, but not modded or substantially "garaged".

You need to list and prioritize your interests.

Convertible?
Styling/Look?
Power?
Braking?
Maintenance/Warranty?
Future upgrades?

If you prioritize the list, your choice will be far more obvious that hearing the preferences of our slightly dysfunctional Viper family. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Copperhd