No Quality Control on New Vipers

hdscreens

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depending on the wheel and how much room you have, you can use a small RO, Dremmel, your hand. I tend to use Mothers Alum. Polish and it works well. Finish with a tough wax.

Thanks for the tip. The wheels are the original polished on an 05' so there is a decent amount of space. What about a little bit of curb rash? Any suggestions on fixing curb rash on the wheels. I know it won't be good as new but just so that it covers up a little bit.

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Every visit I have had to CAAP has left me with the distinct impression of the tremendous level of care the cars are given. Anyone that has had the privilege of visiting would see an area where cars with even the slightest blemish are taken to be make perfect prior to shipping.

Shadowman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I understand very well the frustration one experiences when a gal arrives in less than perfect/solicited condition and I too used to jump to conclusions and get upset however today I realize that the gals are the by-product of many folks and actions prior to arriving at my door as such have become more acceptant of issues that need tending to.

Stains on a hood/bonnet could have come from bird droppings, oil dripping from a gal above during transport, and the list goes on and as good as the PDI was it may simply have been missed. In fact I would rather have the opportunity to color sand and buff the panel hoping to correct the issue when compared to most of the repaint work that I have seen; FYI I will not purchase a new gal with known repaint work.

Now I offer no excuses as I too would be disappointed and yet I would take the needed action to correct rather than attempting to find out who/why/how it happened. These are all non issues IMO at this point.

I hope that you enjoy your gal and this does not become the basis of a less than stellar relationship

Takes care

Shadowman

VIPER 93

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was at the dealership when my car was delivered, I noticed 2 areas were the paint did not look right. On the top of the fender and a small area by the door handle, they were under the clear coat.
In my opinion the repair would be worse than just leaving it, just not that visable. Hey thats the nature of the beast, Oh I do have some fine scratches on one wheel but you have to be within 5" to see it.

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a tough call - we're all fanatical about these cars and we want them to be perfect at delivery. But, the reason we're fanatical about the cars is because of what they will do on the road. When you're in the cockpit and driving the heck out of it, the paint flaws, etc., are invisible. But when we've got them back in the garage to clean them up and pamper them a bit, those flaws become very obvious and annoying. No good answer to what anyone should do - I just accept some of the superficial things as being what they are, and when I break something mechanical, then it went back to the dealership.

I've to to admit, though, that now that these cars are regularly pushing $100k, I would feel very entitled to demanding what's reasonable. That's just a damn lot of money for a car - especially with housing prices coming down as far as they have. I've looked at Porsches, BMWs and MB AMGs that had fantastic fit and finish - and not too much more expensive than the Vipers. But, I think I could even kick their butts in my old '97 GTS if I wanted to :)

Honestly, I think what Dodge needs to do is bring the VCA even closer into the mix than we already are. There's something about being part of the team that makes a lot of these isses go away - and if we feel like we have a line of communication to those who listen, only good things can happen.

Too much is up in the air right now. We need some solid news on where the Viper program is going, and where we all stand. It's been said a million times before - rabid fans will step up to the plate to make something succeed if they're given the right marching orders. This is one of those cars that comes around once in a lifetime.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Skammy