Shaun White learns how to drive?

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
who wouldn't kill for that ride with hubinette ?

anyone would be just as scared strapped to a snow board with shaun controlling it in a half pipe

Mr. Mom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the scary part for me would be being strapped to a car like that even with a pro driver and having NO control over what's going on. Scary, but I'm sure a ton of fun, though.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
who wouldn't kill for that ride with hubinette ?

anyone would be just as scared strapped to a snow board with shaun controlling it in a half pipe

I think the scary part for me would be being strapped to a car like that even with a pro driver and having NO control over what's going on. Scary, but I'm sure a ton of fun, though.

I rode with Hubinette in a drift Viper a few years ago. INCREDIBLY fun and a wee bit scary...I remember a few times thinking "we're gonna go through that brick retaining wall, kill 4 spectators and ourselves"! :omg: Here's a few pics:

9192100_2188-med.jpg

9192100_2190-med.jpg

9192100_2193-med.jpg

9192100_2192-med.jpg

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Shaun White is followed and appreciated by some.

A closer look at Shaun White - Pride News for Smart ***, *******, Transgender, ***********, and Straight People

Sam borrowed my '08 for a test at Willow Springs against a Z06, and also at Viper Days at Buttonwillow. He treated the car respectfully(I was a little disappointed:)) at Buttonwillow, and drifted it a bit at Willow.

H2H Ep1 Viper Vs. Z06 Vette - Car Videos on StreetFire

He is a nice guy and has a smokin' hot wife who can drive well.

Drift Queen Stina Hubinette Starts a Stunt Career - Car Videos on StreetFire

At Viper Days she was just learning how to drive a track, in an SRT4 Neon. She did well. She is very approachable.

Last edited:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the flying tomato rules !

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What was the most flaming portion of that video?

A) The BFG's
B) The Exhaust
C) Shaun White

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was proud to see that Stallone bought a Viper, but I don't see how Carrot Top's little brother screaming in the passenger seat promotes the fifth generation car.:dunno:

OP
OP
daytonprowler

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's there to learn how to drive.:drive:

I imagine most enthusiasts and even some VCA members would scream too if they took a ride with Hubinette. :drive: And I'm sure all of us would scream if we were strapped to a snowboard and pushed off the side of a mountain.:omg:

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am still amiss at how someone screaming like a girl in the passenger seat of a drift car is teaching them how to drive. That was a BFG publicity stunt, as were the terrible choice of BFG's on his Murci. As SD and Chuck point out, the continuation of the car is on the track, not through an embarrassing girlish display as seen above.

Viper4Christ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Eh, I'd rather see that then Hogans kid smash up car after car trying to drift with the pros... Shaun is a cool kid, fairly down to earth considering the brand name he has. Almost like a Tony Hawk for snow boarding.

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He's there to learn how to drive.:drive:

I imagine most enthusiasts and even some VCA members would scream too if they took a ride with Hubinette. :drive: And I'm sure all of us would scream if we were strapped to a snowboard and pushed off the side of a mountain.:omg:

I am sure there are some that don't need dropped off the side of a mountain to scream for White, which are for reasons this enthusiast will never understand. There are reasons the GEN V was described as a "naked woman on a beach," and not "like the curl in Shaun White's locks." If they come in two models, this enthusiast will make Viper number nine the one on the beach.

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This taping was done for social media.

The link is spreading like wildfire on Facebook. Even BFG tires makes a positive impression on 1% of 500 Million users it will be deemed a success.

I bet BFG is getting a lot more "likes" than a tire company has ever had from old school media marketing. Brand familiarity that the company hopes turns into sales when younger people are buying tires.

It's cheap for them to do, you'll probably see more cross over media stuff like this from now on :eater:

OP
OP
daytonprowler

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I am sure there are some that don't need dropped off the side of a mountain to scream for White, which are for reasons this enthusiast will never understand. There are reasons the GEN V was described as a "naked woman on a beach," and not "like the curl in Shaun White's locks." If they come in two models, this enthusiast will make Viper number nine the one on the beach.

Well, all I can say is that we agree to disagree. I do hope that you can get a Viper someday and join the Viper Club of America.

This taping was done for social media.

The link is spreading like wildfire on Facebook. Even BFG tires makes a positive impression on 1% of 500 Million users it will be deemed a success.

I bet BFG is getting a lot more "likes" than a tire company has ever had from old school media marketing. Brand familiarity that the company hopes turns into sales when younger people are buying tires.

It's cheap for them to do, you'll probably see more cross over media stuff like this from now on :eater:

Kala is absolutely right. "The link is spreading like wildfire........."
Free advertising for Dodge, literally priceless.

*And Chuck is right too.

Viper definitely needs to get back into competitive racing against the other brands.

*I can't believe I said that.:D

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, all I can say is that we agree to disagree. I do hope that you can get a Viper someday and join the Viper Club of America.

:lmao:We'll disagree. You certainly can own a Viper or nine, and not be a VCA member.

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sam's a pretty cool dude, back in 2008 I went to Formula Drift for the first time at Englishtown. I've been doing photo/video work for a shop down in Cliffwood Beach called E-Shift Performance (they have a Viper in there now getting a TT build soon) and they had invited me to go with them since they had a display setup.

Well one of Mopar's media guys allowed me to hang out with them in the pits. It was way to cool. I got to talk to Sam for a bit, ask some questions and check out the car first hand.

You must be registered for see images

Sam and I met again, at Wall Speedway in June 09'. The Wall Speedway event was the last time Mopar was on the car as a main sponsor so the chrome you see on the front above was in a shade of gold. 4 months later in October, Shaun Carlson, the team manager and fabricator passed away. He built some amazing stuff.

Last year we all went back to Wall, I got to hang with the Hankook crew most of the day and for 2010, Sam started a brand new team with Dodge and they now have a Viper and a Challenger, with Sam in the Challenger and Andrew Comrie Picard in the Viper.

I even got my car in there.:D

--RS

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Originally Posted by daytonprowler

:lmao:We'll disagree. You certainly can own a Viper or nine, and not be a VCA member.

So B., all those Vipers are not yours? :rolaugh:

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Originally Posted by daytonprowler

So B., all those Vipers are not yours? :rolaugh:

I am just an enthusiast that allows others to park their cars here for a small fee only in hopes I could join the VCA and display a heterosexual avatar.

Kala

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Entering races would be a start. No Vipers in Daytona 24?
I think Dodge will get back into racing. To me it seems too soon after a BK, just beginning to see a slim profit in the near future... it probably isn't wise to jump into a race team yet.

Hopefully they will get back to world ********** with the Gen V. :usa:

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's no place for Viper amid the "stock" cars of American racing.
Such a shame that American racing twisted into NASCAR..

As for Shaun White.. His interest in fast cars is no suprise!! That guy knows the edge!!! His interest in Viper only adds to the brand.

OP
OP
daytonprowler

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am just an enthusiast that allows others to park their cars here for a small fee only in hopes I could join the VCA and display a heterosexual avatar.

WOW! You've had nine Vipers and not a member of the VCA. You seem to like using the site to bash people, why not at least pay some dues and support the VCA.

tucker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW! You've had nine Vipers and not a member of the VCA. You seem to like using the site to bash people, why not at least pay some dues and support the VCA.

So by recycling your cynical use of enthusiast, providing a statement of how I support the brand by how many I have purchased, and by wishing I had a heterosexual avatar, I am bashing? There is some hypocrisy there, no?