T56 tranny parts

BadBrad72

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would anyone happen to had the short stub shaft from a t56 in the rear tail housing. Or the one piece counter balance shaft that replaces the two piece? I don’t have the one piece part number but I do have the small stub shaft number for the two piece. It’s T035501007. Having issues in Canada trying to find either.

BadAzp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Texas Drivetrain in texas lol
Rockland Standard Gear in new york
Tick performance- north Carolina I believe

BadAzp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What company?
I've been through several "t56 rebuilds" lately. None have been done correctly do to lack of parts. "OH, caged bearings not available, we'll just put the 100k mile one back in there and say we rebuilt it"
The only "rebuild" I've seen that SEEMS reliable is TD or RSG or Tick putting a new tr6060 into a t56 case. Even that seems suspect because they only reuse the main t56 case but somehow have a new t56 rear case for the trucks. The only problem with that is the output shaft bushing gets pulled out from the truck wheel hopping and magically there is no CORRECT replacement bushing.
I've been fighting this for 7 months now.

99RT10GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have several complete transmissions, maybe go that route and keep yours as parts backup?

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have those on the shelf. The one piece Gen 3 cluster gear has been discontinued for some time.

I'd like to shorten my 5th gear to 0.85/0.86 and keep my 0.5 6th for highway cruising. Is this possible, or are the 5/6 gears machined as an integrated pair?

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BadBrad72

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I managed to find the one piece. Their last one plus the last gear cluster to match , from The Gear Box from SC. Texas drive train didn’t have at the time I requested nor did Tick. I see some one mentioned here about bearings. They too had everything but the one bearing for the one piece in the tail section of the housing. I’m working on that right now. Might reuse. Might not. The old needle bearing tapered I do have a new one but doesn’t work with the one piece. I’ll keep everyone posted on what the outcome is.

OP
OP
B

BadBrad72

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well te rear bearing on the old tail housing as I’d mentioned earlier is the tapered bearing. The 2003/2006 tail has the one piece counter balance shaft and that rear bearing is a slightly different bore with a retaining ring to hold the bearing in. So I’m unable to use the tail housing from my 2000. Solution is to use the Gen 3 tail housing and drill out the hole for my speed pick up. After man months and digging into this. The Gen1 looks and mounts up but can’t handle the gen 2 torque and HP, gen 1 ,2,3 can bolt into a gen 2 but no speed pick up in the Gen3 tail housing.
Basically they can all bolt up but each one was designed for the increased HP and torque to the perspective years.
Should have the gen 3 single counter balance shaft rebuilt and tail housing modified for the speed pick up.