This makes me sick.

GBS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sad if it happens. I strongly agree with this comment:

"Whatever happens, we just hope that the Viper -- as a car or as a brand -- continues showing its formidable fangs and doesn't end up a mere shed skin of its former self. "

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Being the fastest road car in the world what would be the point of buying the car and brand unless the plan was to stay as King of the Hill? IfGM wasn't finacially strapped they could purchase it, slow it down a little and then the vette would be faster.

Ferrari could buy it like they bought Maserati, then they'd have the fastest road car. Bugatti? Volkswagen loses 3.4 million dollars each Veyron they sell and they've made a few hundred, right? It would be cheaper for them to buy Viper for the premium price of $200 million and they'd save money shutting down the Veyron and selling the world's fastest road car - the Viper!

Vette guys would hate it!

TED

JKVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I assume if some-one buys the Viper brand they would buy it to invest in the brand and keep it going and improving it. That is a better alternative than Chrysler just killing it off due to it's current financial situation.

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I assume if some-one buys the Viper brand they would buy it to invest in the brand and keep it going and improving it. That is a better alternative than Chrysler just killing it off due to it's current financial situation.

Body is old. Frame is old. Motor is fine.

You would have to invest insane amounts to re-skin the Viper, no "tuning" company can afford that. (insane for tuners like Saleen, but not for large automotive corporation)
It will be a slow painful death.... Someone please put it out of its misery.

I love the car, but dont want to see Viper underwear and ties next to Pierre Cardin.:dig:

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
"Vette guys would hate it!"

Told you so.

Ted, PROUD VIPER OWNER!

K

Kaya

I agree that this is disappointing. I mark it up to being a victim of circumstance financially, as it is indeed an iconic car and deserves to carry on if it can be done correctly. It could be a good thing if the car gets the right owners. Look at Lotus under its new Malaysian owners. How bizarre and unlikely did that sound initially? That brand is doing quite well, and the product is very focussed. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There really isn't much to improve on the Viper unless you consider nannies an improvement. And if the new owners believe nannies are an improvement then that will mark the demise of the Viper.

The new owners would be better to invest their energies towards developing a racing class.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chrysler should think twice before selling off the viper as I will bet they will loose a ton of buyers who buy other Chrysler products besides the viper.

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Racer makes a good point. There is a lot to be said for the packaging up of goods and services. Viper buyers could be responsible for a trickle down effect into the rest of what Dodge has to offer. I know it worked that way for me.

AC