What software for Oem ECU Remap?

Niko7

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Guys, Niko here from stupid old Germany.

Just wanted to ask which Software tool to use to remap the Original 1998/1999 ECU on my Daimlerchrysler Viper GTS.
Any Idea? Like i asked some guys out in germany but they dont have proper software.

Thanks

Last edited:

99RT10GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You'll need the dealership programmer, which can be bought off ebay. I think they run about $3500ish. If you just need a PCM, I do sell them. I have a 1998 and a 1999 PCM for sale to get you back on the road for now/

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Doesn't the SCT Flash tuner work on a gen 2, or is the 98/99 a weirdo? I forget the exact name of their software, but it's something like Racer III. The tuners themselves aren't too expensive, maybe a couple hundred, but the software package is up there a bit. I toyed with the idea of getting it to go with my tuner, but I wasn't sure I wanted to learn how to tune with it on a car like the Viper. I play with fuel injection on the Megasquirt in my Dart. You can get remote tunes from shops that you can load onto the SCT handheld though. The software to put a tune on the tuner is free. The software that costs is the one that actually creates the tunes.

OP
OP
N

Niko7

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah it´s really about the software and tune. Thanks for the infos. Any addition please let me know

OP
OP
N

Niko7

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looked for the tuner stuff. The device itself is 800 dollar + i then still have to problem that i can not create the tune myself but have to buy it elsewhere.

OP
OP
N

Niko7

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it realistic that i buy the tool to add and flash a tune that i buy from a tuner in the Us that has a similar car tuned?

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It would help if you posted what exactly you were trying to accomplish and why.

We sell, remanufacture, reprogram, and reflash all of the controllers, as well as sell the flashing software... but without knowing exactly what you are doing, I wouldnt venture a guess as to what you actually should do.

OP
OP
N

Niko7

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It would help if you posted what exactly you were trying to accomplish and why.

We sell, remanufacture, reprogram, and reflash all of the controllers, as well as sell the flashing software... but without knowing exactly what you are doing, I wouldnt venture a guess as to what you actually should do.
I changed the Exhaust to Belanger, 200 Race Cat`s and now the car is running way to rich, like i use way to much fuel then before. Had on Dyno and got 414HP.
Did Exactly like the guy here:

Would now like to optimize fuel consumption and for sure gain another 25-50 Hp like in the video.
As i am from germany i don´t know if it makes sense to send the PCM to you? Or can you send me a prepared one out? Don´t have any idea.

Best,Niko

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I changed the Exhaust to Belanger, 200 Race Cat`s and now the car is running way to rich, like i use way to much fuel then before. Had on Dyno and got 414HP.
Did Exactly like the guy here:

Would now like to optimize fuel consumption and for sure gain another 25-50 Hp like in the video.
As i am from germany i don´t know if it makes sense to send the PCM to you? Or can you send me a prepared one out? Don´t have any idea.

Best,Niko

It would be far more effective to mail you an SCT flash device, and e-mail you loadable tune files than it would be to sell you a complete tuning package and expect you to learn the software. No need to ship anything to the USA.

Dan Cragin

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dan Lesser can help you. If you are using Belanger headers, I would highly recommend you relocate the upstream O2 sensors into the collector. The current location
is in one header tube, close the head, to reduce trouble codes for the sensor heating element, not warming up fast enough. Problem is, that location does not give a true reading,
increases emissions and makes it hard to run modified engines in a "closed loop" strategy.

Something you might mention when your speak to him.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Dan Lesser can help you. If you are using Belanger headers, I would highly recommend you relocate the upstream O2 sensors into the collector. The current location
is in one header tube, close the head, to reduce trouble codes for the sensor heating element, not warming up fast enough. Problem is, that location does not give a true reading,
increases emissions and makes it hard to run modified engines in a "closed loop" strategy.

Something you might mention when your speak to him.
Thanks for the Ref Dan!

To add to this though, it's important to consider the header design. If the O2 in the collector will be in a "near stock" location, it's best. If it ends up waaaay outboard, we have seen issues with closed loop oscillation, where the time delay of exhaust gas versus the time delay to correct close loop cause an oscillating effect, wandering around the set point and making you want to slam your head on the desk.